What's new

Getting started. First things first: pictures!

As mentioned in my introduction thread, I stumbled upon a couple of razors over the weekend (read story Here), bringing me happily into this world of wetshaving wonder.

Well, here they are. Shiny and lovely little critters, presented to you with the same mystery as a couple of newborn babies... head first!:biggrin1:

proxy.php

Ok, so first, the B4 Tech:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the E1 Super Speed :
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now then... is it just me, or does the SS look like it's confuse as to what year model it is? It has the narrow band of the '58 TV Special, but the knurling is wrong. With the models that have the same knurling, I think the checkered flare tip is wrong. Then again, I've only seen what I've browsed in the wiki and other identification threads. Is it some kind of mutt/anomaly, or is it a style I just haven't seen yet? Or does my noobness precede me?

Now then... is it just me, or does the SS look like it's confuse as to what year model it is? It has the narrow band of the '58 TV Special, but the knurling is wrong.

The knurling on your SS is not the TV only made in 1958 (D1 - D4)... the TV has a closer / tighter knurling. Look under the razor head for the alpha numeric code to be sure which razor you have.

BTW, Welcome to B&B and enjoy tour new toy's (I mean tools)

The knurling on your SS is not the TV only made in 1958 (D1 - D4)... the TV has a closer / tighter knurling. Look under the razor head for the alpha numeric code to be sure which razor you have.

BTW, Welcome to B&B and enjoy tour new toy's (I mean tools)

Understood... I know it's an E1, which if I understand correctly is the next incremental quarter after the TVs were produced. Just wondering if it's an odd make from middle change between production runs or something. Of course, I'm a child of the Mr. Rogers generation, where everyone and everything is special :lol:

Understood... I know it's an E1, which if I understand correctly is the next incremental quarter after the TVs were produced. Just wondering if it's an odd make from middle change between production runs or something. Of course, I'm a child of the Mr. Rogers generation, where everyone and everything is special :lol:

I just got the most overwhelming urge to take off a shoe and toss it from one hand to the other:lol:
Other than that, I'm of no help. Just thought I'd share:001_rolle

Top Bottom