What's new

Getting Rid of Compact Discs

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Heck, I'm the old fuddy duddy who actually prefers CDs and Bluray

Another option is to donate them to your local library. Many still take them.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I must be an even older fuddy duddy as i'm still enamoured by my vinyl collection, even my mixed tapes still sound good.

dave

One advantage of being an even older fuddy duddy is that you lose some of your higher frequency hearing. Often the process starts when people reach their 40s and often continues to get worse as they age. When you cannot hear the higher frequencies, the hiss and pops often present in vinyl and tape recordings are not as annoying as they might have been in your younger days.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have too many, but most have been removed from jewel cases and put into cd albums, with 100 per binder. My thing now is to rip WMA and then put them all onto data cd's for use in the car, where I listen to most of my music. That way I've got all the commercial releases from The Who on 3 cds, Pink Floyd on 2, etc.

Who is Pink ? :) (by the way which one is Pink)

Heck, I bought 6 new CDs this weekend. Local Western group, Bar D Wranglers. Most of my buying of late has been small, local groups who catch my ear. No resale value, but that's not why I buy them to start with.

I have most of the gear acquired or on ordered to start putting the methodology of this article for cleaning records into practice. I've used records i haven't listened to yet because they need a proper cleaning.

The Most Comprehensive Record Cleaning Article Ever!

One advantage of being an even older fuddy duddy is that you lose some of your higher frequency hearing. Often the process starts when people reach their 40s and often continues to get worse as they age. When you cannot hear the higher frequencies, the hiss and pops often present in vinyl and tape recordings are not as annoying as they might have been in your younger days.

Had an eardrum removed a few years ago so nothing sounds anywhere near the way it used to, still... no less enjoyment to be had.
dave

I just tried scanning about a hundred CDs on the Eaglesaver app. The 40 that they would accept totaled under $24.

If you have find a box, pack them up, go to the post office and pay postage to mail them, there is just not profit to make it worthwhile. Now if you had 400 CDs, it might have been worth the effort.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If you have find a box, pack them up, go to the post office and pay postage to mail them, there is just not profit to make it worthwhile. Now if you had 400 CDs, it might have been worth the effort.

True, you would have to find a box but Eaglesaver pays for the postage by providing you with a pre-printed shipping label.

Do you have to g to one of their bricks and motar stores to do that? I do not see anything on their web site about purchases, although I could easily have missed something.

Thanks

Top Bottom