What's new

Getting rid of body odor

Hey all, brand new to the site and to wet shaving in general. There's a ton of posts about shaving though, and my first shave this morning went off without a hitch - one pass just to be safe, just as close as my Mach 3 with almost no irritation so I'm looking forward to great things with more passes.

Question about getting rid of body odors though. I live in Florida and during the summer I (like anyone) find myself sweating a good deal more. It wouldn't really be much of an issue except my feet and crotch always end up smelly at the end of the day. Armpits seem to be fine though, I guess thanks to antipersperant.

I shower daily and have two pairs of shoes that I wear to work (indoors thankfully) on alternate days. I've tried generic odor-eaters type stuff but not the results I'd like. Any suggestions?

the best (only) suggestion that I can make for either (or both) area is to use a powder (either talc or "baby powder" according to your preference). It should help to absorb some of the moisture and hence reduce some of the smell.

Hola Fellow Foridiot...

proxy.php

Hands down the best. You can get it at Walgreen's and the other usual suspects.

Johnsons & Johnsons makes a nice Lavender and Camomile powder that I use all the time here in hot-n-humid H-town.

A few shakes in the drawers, a little rubbed under the two bits, some on the stomach and chest area and you are ready to go for the day!

Just make sure you don't use the Gold Bond medicated foot powder for big jim and the twins. I have a friend...yes a friend..this is not one of those stories about me that I pretend happened to someone else. He had the two next to each other and as to not wake his wife didn't turn on the lights and grabbed the wrong one. While he was driving to work he noticed a burning sensation. By the time he got to work it was very uncomfortable. He went to the bathroom to check it out and lets just say his parts were swollen and inflamed. He likened his site to something you might see in a cartoon. He had to position himself over the sink to try and wash the powder off without much success. He had to rush home so he could take a cold shower. Not sure if this was a reaction to just him but I wouldn't try it. :w00t:

blueguitar322 said:
Hey all, brand new to the site and to wet shaving in general. There's a ton of posts about shaving though, and my first shave this morning went off without a hitch - one pass just to be safe, just as close as my Mach 3 with almost no irritation so I'm looking forward to great things with more passes.

Question about getting rid of body odors though. I live in Florida and during the summer I (like anyone) find myself sweating a good deal more. It wouldn't really be much of an issue except my feet and crotch always end up smelly at the end of the day. Armpits seem to be fine though, I guess thanks to antipersperant.

I shower daily and have two pairs of shoes that I wear to work (indoors thankfully) on alternate days. I've tried generic odor-eaters type stuff but not the results I'd like. Any suggestions?

Body Mint comes to mind:
http://www.bodymint.com/
View attachment 1070

Here you go, some grooming for your boyz:

ABOUT BALLA POWDER
Balla Powder is a scented talcum powder that is guaranteed to leave your boyz feeling dry and comfortable. Balla Powder will make clammy sacks a thing of the past and will put batwings on the endangered species list.

WHERE TO USE
Balla Powder is intended for use in the nether regions of the man's body. However, it can be used anywhere that dryness and a great fragrance are desired, including:
# Your Boys

# Underarms

# Feet

# Buttocks

WHEN TO USE
# After a shower.

# Before going to parties, bars, or clubs. In the event that you don't end up coming home alone, Balla Powder will ensure that you smell good where it counts.

# Before going to sleep. A simple application of Balla Powder will make you more comfortable as you sleep.

HOW TO APPLY
# When applying to the body, we recommend that you dump some in your hand and rub it on the desired location. It is even better if you have someone do this for you.

# The other option is to simply dump some Balla directly in your shorts. However, when wearing boxers this method takes great skill and execution to avoid getting powder on your shoes.

ABOUT THE POWDER
Non-Asbestiform Talc - Balla Powder for Men contains Non-Asbestiform Talc that DOES NOT contain carcinogenic asbestos fibers. FDA considers non-asbestiform talc to be Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) for use in cosmetics.

has anybody actually used balla powder before?

it looks like it would work for the crotch but iono

ot but has anybody tried anything to stop your back from sweating?

Nitrox said:
Here you go, some grooming for your boyz:

ABOUT BALLA POWDER
Balla Powder is a scented talcum powder that is guaranteed to leave your boyz feeling dry and comfortable. Balla Powder will make clammy sacks a thing of the past and will put batwings on the endangered species list.

Now I just need some Shot Calla Powder and I can get that promotion at work.

deadgoon said:
Now I just need some Shot Calla Powder and I can get that promotion at work.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that had Lil Troy on the mind when reading about Balla!

randomtw said:
has anybody actually used balla powder before?

it looks like it would work for the crotch but iono

ot but has anybody tried anything to stop your back from sweating?

I've used it, and would certainly recommend it. As far as function goes, it works like any other talc-based powder, but I happen to like the fragrance it has - very masculine, which is more than I can say for the baby powder I have to use when I can't afford the Balla!

check out the crystal deoderant available at the drug emporium. it comes in a spray bottle and it can be used as a deoderant for underarms or for the rest of the body. if you want to use a body powder as well for the moisture check out burts bees for a light scent (my favorite) or gold bond non talc body powder (cheaper). using a talc powder i find not to be as comfortable and i read there are risks involved with you health and talc

I also live in Fla and am all too familiar with dealing with the excess perspiration of living in a sub-tropical climate.

One thing I can tell you is that your body odor isn't caused by perspiration (unless you eat a lot of garlic), but by bacteria.

If this is an ongoing problem for you, I'd suggest that before getting into the shower you thoroughly clean the affected areas with alcohol and a cotton ball. Then shower as normal.

Use a good quality powder to reduce the amount of perspiration that collects in areas where it can't evaporate.

The combination of the two will keep the bacteria from growing and creating an odor problem.

As I ride a recumbent bicycle quite a lot when home in Fla, the alcohol cleansing is a regular part of my pre-ride routine and I never have an odor problem even after riding 100 miles.

Top Bottom