What's new

Getting menthol tolerance back?

My face doesn't seem to treat menthol the same anymore. I remember stirling glacials being freezing cold, now they feel like around how I remember some normal mentholated soaps, same with frostbyte. If I take a break from menthol will menthol regain potency for me and how long of a break?

I've always thought that menthol lost some of its kick over time. I enjoy menthol but just want a cooling effect while shaving. Post shave Osage Rub is about right.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I love menthol and I make my own mentholated witch hazel. First I put about a third of rubbing alcohol into a large bottle then add menthol crystals until the solution is saturated. Then I add a bit more alcohol to make sure all the crystals are melted. Then I just fill the rest of the bottle with witch hazel it's like fire and ice first you get a slight burn then your face completely freezes. I just use it as an aftershave splash.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I think you build up a tolerance. I get a wicked burn only when I inadvertently get some under my eyes like today. Otherwise I get a mild burn from stirling glacial. I’m saving a quarter now on my order today just going with regular levels.

Top Bottom