What's new

Getting married!

I'll be the jerk, don't do it. No reason to except maybe insurance or such. It's all fun and games until that 7 year itch or until one gets mad at the other. Someone said it's nothing these days except a money making industry, it certainly doesn't mean what it used to. Alimony, child support, lawyers & courts, money issues, etc. You can't predict the future but why not wait until you've been together for 10-15 years and still love each other. But then again, I've never been married, probably because I'm a jerk.

I'll be the jerk, don't do it. No reason to except maybe insurance or such. It's all fun and games until that 7 year itch or until one gets mad at the other. Someone said it's nothing these days except a money making industry, it certainly doesn't mean what it used to. Alimony, child support, lawyers & courts, money issues, etc. You can't predict the future but why not wait until you've been together for 10-15 years and still love each other. But then again, I've never been married, probably because I'm a jerk.
That is no excuse. I been married 3 times and I am jerk. LOL

In all seriousness, congrats. Do the work and the results will be more than worth it. Nothing like the love of a good woman. Took me a while to figure it out. Do better than I did LOL. I would not trade my wife anything. Do however be upfront about your shaving addiction and how it is not an issue to be compromised. God bless your union.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Divorce isn't that hard on ex-partners now in Australia. There is no-fault divorce. You don't even have to be married to have to give half to your partner if you split.

A friend of mine spent 3 years living (unmarred) with his partner then amicably split. She was awarded have of his increased net worth over those 3 years. That cost him about $200k. He now says that he can't afford to live with a woman.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... Do however be upfront about your shaving addiction and how it is not an issue to be compromised. God bless your union.
There is no need. We all know that she is only marrying him for his shaving collection and she digs a man with scared 😁.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Congratulations! May you and she enjoy the greatest happiness!

Mrs. TL and I just celebrated 25 years. It flies!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Congratulations, One thing I noticed when getting married its more a women's event and the men have to do a lot of running around getting this or that to keep them happy and yourself. It is a interesting event in life.

Congrats!
Best advice I can give you...get a storage unit. Preferably untraceable to you.
Been happily married for 8 years and with the same woman for 14, friends longer than that.

Top Bottom