What's new

Getting lazy

My only rush(es) in the morning are Bam Bam (Pit Bull) and Napalm (American Bully--registered) needing to hit the back yard to take care of 'business'. Being retired, I have all the shave time I need each day.

x
0402161357.jpg

Bam Bam
1209151306b.jpg

If im running late, canned goop and a cartridge are what I unfortunately turn to. Much less enjoyable, but at least I get to work on time. Need to keep a job to fuel the RAD! Lol

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
On several occasions lately, I've found myself wanting that extra 10 minutes of sleep in the morning and forgoing the full shaving ritual. Instead, I've just gone with the Gillette Guard and Kiss My Face, applied directly from hand to face w/o brush.

The results: a little less closeness, but good comfort...and time goes from 20 minutes to 10 (including rinse, aftershave, etc.).

Who else finds themselves cutting corners?
If in a hurry my biggest time saver is to use canned lather or a brushless. If more pressed I may use a cart rather than safety razor. Cutting both corners takes me down from 10 minutes to 3.

I first got into classic wet shaving due to desire of nostalgia. I loved it. Acquired a lot of hardware and software. Immensely enjoyed it. But, it takes so much longer. So, like you, I wanted that extra 10 minutes of sleep. So, I returned to shaving with a cartridge razor in the shower. Every now and then, I'll bring out a DE, some soap or cream, and a brush and give myself a classic, old-fashioned shave. But that doesn't happen often. I miss it, but my time is limited. I should make more time and return to it. One day...

I first got into classic wet shaving due to desire of nostalgia. I loved it. Acquired a lot of hardware and software. Immensely enjoyed it. But, it takes so much longer. So, like you, I wanted that extra 10 minutes of sleep. So, I returned to shaving with a cartridge razor in the shower. Every now and then, I'll bring out a DE, some soap or cream, and a brush and give myself a classic, old-fashioned shave. But that doesn't happen often. I miss it, but my time is limited. I should make more time and return to it. One day...
This is why I started shaving at night.

Lathering, three full passes with cleanup, alum block, wash with cold water, witch hazel, aftershave all takes me about 10-13 min. No time to save here.

I'm always trying to do it in less time. I have nothing but time but don't want to spend it shaving! I wouldn't call it cutting corners, but instead, simply shaving efficiently. For me, that requires a shave stick, synthetic, and razor on my sink and very little time required to lather up and get it done. No rinsing shave tubs/pucks, pre-soaking brushes, rinsing shave bowls, etc. I'd probably go back to canned goo but I like building lather on my face and painting it evenly in preparation to mow it all down.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm always trying to do it in less time. I have nothing but time but don't want to spend it shaving! I wouldn't call it cutting corners, but instead, simply shaving efficiently. For me, that requires a shave stick, synthetic, and razor on my sink and very little time required to lather up and get it done. No rinsing shave tubs/pucks, pre-soaking brushes, rinsing shave bowls, etc. I'd probably go back to canned goo but I like building lather on my face and painting it evenly in preparation to mow it all down.
Pretty much describes me to a T.

While working from home for almost three weeks, I've not felt any need to cut corners. Either I'm all in with my daily shave, or I skip it completely (about twice a month).

Top Bottom