What's new

Getting into straight razors. Looking for a high quality dark brown colored one. Recommendations?

Welcome to the forum. I would not consider the razors you listed as high end. I would consider the Dovo as a solid beginner's choice. The others I have not heard of. That is not a knock on your choices, just don't want you to believe you purchased a top tier razor and things cant get better. Don't be turned off by a used vintage razor. Once they are disinfected and honed, they are completely safe to use. Some of the best straight razors ever made are vintage.
No offense taken. I know I'm new to this world and am all about learning. I appreciate the advice :)

No offense taken. I know I'm new to this world and am all about learning. I appreciate the advice :)

Glad to hear it. You have to commit to 30 shaves. After 30, things get much better. You will gain lots of confidence to stick with it. Most that quit, never make it this far. They quit way before this due to the irritation/pain caused by poor technique. Start with just your cheeks and finish with your DE/Cart. Then progress to cheeks+neck...then 2 passes ..etc. At every step, finish with your DE/cart. Doing this will reduce irritation. Do not try a 2 pass shave or complete shave right off the bat. Taking baby steps will allow you to build muscle memory in regards to holding the razor. Take time with your passes and concentrate in angle. Imagine gently wiping off the lather from your skin (no pressure). Anyone can shave with a straight razor.

Top Bottom