What's new

Getting into straight razor shaving

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just need to get off the terlit and invest in the stuff needed to learn to hone/sharpen/maintain a blade. If this old dog can still learn new tricks...

I have never sharpened ANYTHING I don't believe...
Just go with the Method. Inexpensive and easy to use. I started with it and never stopped. If you just want to get a razor sharp, it’s the way to go. If you want to play with rocks, that’s a whole nother story. If you need a razor, let me know and I’ll set you up.

Hey guys I want to take a moment to thank you all for the help and information. I really appreciate it all. I am especially grateful to rbscebu, darth scandalous, kyler89, and rellil1130 for all of the input and hooking me up with answers to specific questions and for the gear!!!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
This is EXACTLY what the gentleman that owned the skool where I took Cosmetology classes told me. I was complaining about how FAST the girls in the class could do things. He reminded me that they were girls (I had actually noticed that, which may have been why my times were so slow. I MAY have been looking at a few of them) and that they had been doing their own hair for years, and I wouldn't have to "unlearn" any bad habits!
I thought a fast woman was something to look forward too but later found out they were girls who could outrun me. Darn!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I thought a fast woman was something to look forward too but later found out they were girls who could outrun me. Darn!
As I was typing that I wondered how to better werd it.

Then I realized I wasn't in a Kollege English Klass and didn't care that the sentence could go lots of places.... I need to start writing as if I want to impress the professor...

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As I was typing that I wondered how to better werd it.

Then I realized I wasn't in a Kollege English Klass and didn't care that the sentence could go lots of places.... I need to start writing as if I want to impress the professor...
Your spelling is certainly advanced. Must be the German influence where their words are spelled the way they are pronounced - always. Many countries have done that but not we stubborn Englisters although I believe the Scots now have it under control. FT, I admire you in uncountable ways 😃

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I did not learn to really comprehend reading until I had thoracic sx. in the 11th grade. Then I realized I was a bit dyslexic. And I HATED skool after I learned to read for an entirely different reason for why I hated it before: LOL, I found out anyone that could read could edjumicate him or her or themselves, and didn't need to waste all that time inside of a prison!

As to my spelling, I still have to remind myself of all those spelling rules that don't make any sense to me. Like "i after e, except after c." Honestly, I never spell "peice" right unless Otto Korreck changes it to the "right/write" way.

If I'd have been born in a Kountry that spelled werds right I'd be a former president of that Kountry, or the present dictator.

I COULDA BEEN SOMEBODYYYYYY!

As to my spelling, I still have to remind myself of all those spelling rules that don't make any sense to me. Like "i after e, except after c." Honestly, I never spell "peice" right unless Otto Korreck changes it to the "right/write" way.
It's funny. It turns out there are actually more exceptions to this rule than not. It should never be taught in school.
I heard this on QI (Quite Interesting) a comedy/Quiz show with Stephen Fry.

I want to take the plunge and start shaving with a strait razor. I did some research, but I don’t really know what my first razor should be. When I desired to used a safety razor, I came here and asked and bought a merkur 34c and have loved it. Now I want to make the plunge into straight razors and don’t know what my first razor should be. I would be grateful for suggestions.
I can send you a small starter kit. DM me your address if you're interested.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Hawkeye_90 this is for you:

Top Bottom