What's new

Getting creative with tea blends

i recently bought a can of mild black loose tea (“Charleston Breakfast” from the Charleston Tea Plantation.”). I usually like pretty strong, malty/astringent black teas like Irish Breakfast or Assam. It was a little boring for my taste, so I got inspired when visiting the bulk herb section of my local grocery store and decided to try some lavender to the cup. It blew me away. Great flavor. Then it occurred to me that I could get some rose petals for a different kind of blend. Anyone else blend teas or teas with other herbs to create their own blends at home?

I love different teas, but like to add honey. Therefore tea has been off the menu since going Keto.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I make herbal blends. This has yerba mate, calendula, yarrow, mullein, lavender, yerba santa, red mallow, horehound, stevia leaf.

0BE4D62D-D1AA-47C6-9BBA-C67ED923FACC.jpeg
0F36D51B-F703-4B43-B3D7-D4FB40F5E1FF.jpeg

Wow! You’ve really taken it to the next level. Good job!
Well, thank you. I am with you on your idea of adding things to enhance a tea. Dried apple and orange, along with citrus zests, are other items that you might also enjoy. I bought a yerba mate (holy holly) blend recently that has linden flower, passion flower and peppermint included.

I enjoy growing and consuming what I grow, for their medicinal/therapeutic and nutritional values. This blend is target at both flu and cold prevention and treatment, as well as a digestive aid. With some of the consituents being a lttle bitter, it helps with digestion, and others being high antioxidant and antiviral it helps to ward off those annoying winter bugs.

Was going to say, that is clearly a teamaster at work!

AA

Thank you kindly.

I don't drink coffee or black teas these days but rarely, and herbals are more my style. I received some fresh harvested sassafras root from Tennessee today and am preparing it for storage-for tea and medicinal use. Smells lovely. Sitting around at night as a young lad with parents and extended family having tea created many fond memories, so teas connect me to better times, love of family and friends, the relaxation of gentle conversation, and the fun of game nights.

2289F8DF-31E7-44B1-94E4-A8CA11605E0A.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thank you kindly.

I don't drink coffee or black teas these days but rarely, and herbals are more my style. I received some fresh harvested sassafras root from Tennessee today and am preparing it for storage-for tea and medicinal use. Smells lovely. Sitting around at night as a young lad with parents and extended family having tea created many fond memories, so teas connect me to better times, love of family and friends, the relaxation of gentle conversation, and the fun of game nights.

View attachment 946318

Watch out for the safrole …

AA

Top Bottom