What's new

Getting Back Into Wet Shaving

Back several years ago, I started wet shaving (and posting on this site) after many years of using only an electric razor. I found that my face and technique got along best with vintage Gillette Super Speeds and Techs. I had to have surgery that left a large scare across my neck so I've been back on the electric razor for the past 2.5 years. Well, my scare has healed to the point where I wanted to try wet shaving again. So I pulled out an old Sensor cartridge razor I had to see if I could shave without cutting my scare. I was success in getting a pretty decent shave and no cuts.

So fast forward a couple of weeks...I decided to try a Schick injector. I've always been curious about these so I found a NOS L1 online and have been shaving with it every day for a week now. I really like the shave I get with this razor. I figured the injector would be a bit more forgiving and mild until I get my face used to blades again. After a week of getting my technique better, I'm getting really good shaves. No razor burn or weepers that I used to get with my DE razors. I also bought some Musgo Real (classic) and WOW....the best shave yet. This stuff is super slick and cushions well....the smell isn't half bad either.

Just wanted to post again after a few years of being away from the board. It's feels good to shave like a man again....:)

Back several years ago, I started wet shaving (and posting on this site) after many years of using only an electric razor. I found that my face and technique got along best with vintage Gillette Super Speeds and Techs. I had to have surgery that left a large scare across my neck so I've been back on the electric razor for the past 2.5 years. Well, my scare has healed to the point where I wanted to try wet shaving again. So I pulled out an old Sensor cartridge razor I had to see if I could shave without cutting my scare. I was success in getting a pretty decent shave and no cuts.

So fast forward a couple of weeks...I decided to try a Schick injector. I've always been curious about these so I found a NOS L1 online and have been shaving with it every day for a week now. I really like the shave I get with this razor. I figured the injector would be a bit more forgiving and mild until I get my face used to blades again. After a week of getting my technique better, I'm getting really good shaves. No razor burn or weepers that I used to get with my DE razors. I also bought some Musgo Real (classic) and WOW....the best shave yet. This stuff is super slick and cushions well....the smell isn't half bad either.

Just wanted to post again after a few years of being away from the board. It's feels good to shave like a man again....:)

Awesome welcome Back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for an interesting story and congrats on your success with the Schick injector. Glad to hear that your scar has healed up, and it's great to see you posting again! :thumbup1:

Welcome back. I too have a long scar on my neck. I have learned how to shave around/over it, but every once in a while.....

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Welcome back!!!! Glad you are doing better and you are enjoying wet shaving once again!

Welcome back, @gdawg55! Injectors are amazing. I've handed a couple out to friends who've insisted multi-blade cartridges are the only thing they can handle. They come back saying, "This thing is amazing! Why didn't I know about Injectors?" Almost everything Musgo Real is excellent (so count on parent-company Claus Porto to mess with it—although I think your shaving cream is safe...for now).

Thanks everyone for your comments....experiencing more great shaves this week. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll bring out the Super Speed and see what happens. Hope all have a great Mother's Day weekend.

Top Bottom