What's new

Getting a Haircut during this Crisis, Hmmm?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dear Members:
With many state / Governors (mine included here in the 'Bayou State'), banning barbershops, salons (and nail shops besides many other establishments to limit social density), to do business, where will you go to get a haircut
proxy.php

However, Active duty, Reserve Components and Veterans can probability get haircuts at your nearest Installation (yesterday, I got good cut at the Main PX on Fort Polk).
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Don't ask your barber whether you need a haircut [or shave]". Daniel S. Greenberg

I've been trimming my own hair with clippers for a couple of years. I got the idea from watching YouTube videos made by Tips For Clips. In particular, this video on how to cut your own hair.

When I travel, I still like to get a trim at the barber shops in hotels that I stay at. I guess that's out now, though.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I was lucky and got a haircut last Friday. If we have to grow our hair out a little then so be it.

Im just going to cut my own hair. I already have a Wahl clipper that I use for beard trimming and all I usually get is a #2 with a #1 fade on the sides. I can do that myself.
I contacted my barber and tried to see if she would do a house call but no dice, so Im on my own.
The way I look at, Im stuck home until early April anyways, so even if I mess it up, who cares?

All Shops and Salons are closed here. I’m going to let my wife have a shot at it tomorrow. WTH, I’m stuck inside until April 30, so it will have time to grow out.

Here in England there's no chance of getting a haircut from a professional barber, and won't be for many months. I am therefore considering buying an electric hair clipper, and would be grateful for recommendations of a good model at the budget end of the market. I don't see any point in spending a lot, because the clipper I get will hopefully only be in use over a fairly short period, and I lack the skill to make good use of an expensive model.

Here in England there's no chance of getting a haircut from a professional barber, and won't be for many months. I am therefore considering buying an electric hair clipper, and would be grateful for recommendations of a good model at the budget end of the market. I don't see any point in spending a lot, because the clipper I get will hopefully only be in use over a fairly short period, and I lack the skill to make good use of an expensive model.
You should know that most clippers sold in the US will not work on 220v/50Hz power. Many cheap clippers are junk, so go for at least decent quality and brand name. IMHO, avoid cordless models, the batteries don't last and they often lack the power to deal with thick hair. Having a cord is no hindrance. Don't forget you will need decent hair shears, barber comb, hand mirror and spray bottle of water.

I recently changed my hair style and it required a cut about every 3-4 weeks to look good. In a few days it will be 8 weeks since my last cut, the shops are closed around here, and my hair's looking well below average for the cut. I'm thinking of doing a buzz cut on myself, which would probably have me ready for my new cut when the barbers are back.

I recently changed my hair style and it required a cut about every 3-4 weeks to look good. In a few days it will be 8 weeks since my last cut, the shops are closed around here, and my hair's looking well below average for the cut. I'm thinking of doing a buzz cut on myself, which would probably have me ready for my new cut when the barbers are back.
You don't have to look like a military recruit or convict. 🌞

You can pretty easily learn to clip the sides/back and use scissors for the top.

I have never cut my own hair, always go to my local barbershop.
So now I need to think of being self sufficient for hair cuts - hopefully for the short term.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

For the past dozen or so years, I've cut my own hair. Normlly I use the 12mm guide, but this last time tried 9mm. It's a little shorter than usual, but I didn't need to taper the sides or back & I won't need to bother with another haircut for at least a month.

Top Bottom