What's new

Getting a Haircut during this Crisis, Hmmm?

Dr. Oz was just on our local TV station and discussed this topic. His recommendation was don't do it. The risk of contagion was too great, he said.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dr. Oz was just on our local TV station and discussed this topic. His recommendation was don't do it. The risk of contagion was too great, he said.
Jim:
Did Dr. Oz state why and how
proxy.php

For me, my hair grows fast and if I don't get a haircut here at Fort Polk, LA (Army installation), I'll be looking like a 'woolly mammoth' (and have an afro like on the Mod Squad).
1585928787259.png

barbershop.jpg
"You're only as good as your last haircut". Harvey Feldman

I got my usual #1 buzz from my barber 4 weeks ago. I can maybe go 2-3 more weeks before it starts to drive me crazy, not to mention my eyebrows looking like Andy Rooney. Can anyone recommend a trimmer to temporarily buzz my own. I don't need 15 body and beard trimmers. I just need the equivalent of a #1 buzz. Is a 1mm trimmer comb the same as a #1 barber buzz?

I just had this delivered by Amazon and my wife did a great job after watching a tutorial on YouTube. It has a little vacuum on it, so clean up was a snap. You simply start with a 1" to 3/4" to 1/2" to 1/4" to 1/8" and your done. She honestly did as good of a job as the lady who has cut my hair for years. The lady who has been cutting my hair is about to retire, so I doubt I will ever go back to a barber/salon on a regular basis.

81wwtc-EdAL._SL1500_.jpg

I cut my hair myself the last year. I bought a good Panasonic hair clipper and never looked back. I keep my hair pretty sort and it's easy to have a nice haircut. You can't tell the difference.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been cutting my own hair for the last 4 years and people never really noticed who I hang around with. I have saved a lot but with my savings I just keep buying shaving supplies and razors.The cut is not as good as a seasoned barber would give you, but it looks like in these times a reasonable cut is good enough.
I think by years end I might even break even from my savings.:lol: I must be dreaming!

Having been follically challenged most of my life I've had a number one all over for years. I've done it myself with clippers for years since a barber tried to charge me £9 for five minutes with his clippers!

Been wondering what it would be like shaved but have never had the nerve as I meet lots of friends usually. Now I'm stuck on my own for weeks, I might just give it a go!

Gareth

I shave my head, so non-issue for me. But my kids are starting to look like hippies. I don't dare try to cut their hair myself. Not sure what to do about them. I guess they'll just look like hippies for a few months.

I shave my head, so non-issue for me. But my kids are starting to look like hippies. I don't dare try to cut their hair myself. Not sure what to do about them. I guess they'll just look like hippies for a few months.
It's not all that difficult and most kids are not too picky until they become teenagers. If you can learn to cut with scissors and comb, you don't need fancy equipment.

I got a hair cut about 1 month ago. Looks like I will not be visiting the barber for at least 3 months. They will be glad of the work by then and I will be delighted to have a haircut too.

I just had this delivered by Amazon and my wife did a great job after watching a tutorial on YouTube. It has a little vacuum on it, so clean up was a snap. You simply start with a 1" to 3/4" to 1/2" to 1/4" to 1/8" and your done. She honestly did as good of a job as the lady who has cut my hair for years. The lady who has been cutting my hair is about to retire, so I doubt I will ever go back to a barber/salon on a regular basis.

View attachment 1082169
I use the older model of this clipper. Have had it for over 15 years & it still cuts like new. Be sure to periodically remove the cutter assemble & brush out all the hair residue & lube the cutters. I'm using a blade oil made of camellia oil & lanolin, but any clipper grease, or even a food grade silicone spray dry lube should do.

Top Bottom