What's new

Getting a Haircut during this Crisis, Hmmm?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I went to a new barbershop 3 times in a row near work. Tipped well. And each time the guy asked me “do you live around here.” twice I told him that work near his shop. (Small talk ensued about that) The third time he asked if I lived around there. I just said yes and never went back. I know I’m not memorable but come on. I’m not a fan of small talk but I guess I feel like it’s expected in these settings. But maybe not. I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. The “new” hygienist doesn’t talk at all. Maybe or two comments about my teeth as she works. But I’m just accept it trying not to think she doesn’t like me lol. For large segments of time I closed my eyes and thinking gosh I can’t believe I’m not on my phone this whole time lol.
Anyway I’m due for a home trim soon.

I am really saddened to hear about this. Normally, barbers and salon's remember their repeating clients. And also, remembering someone, or the stories that they have told you, just shows that you care, and wish to continue the conversation. But the very fact, that barber never remembered after being told 3-times, that you live around there, the fact he never remembered you after 3-visits, that really says a lot. I am really sorry that you had that bad experience Rhody.

Well, just so you know, I like community, and I like reading your posts. And if you don't mind me going off topic for just a split second, I love Star Trek too, my username is a combination of Star Trek, and Wahl Clipper. Well, your barber may not remember who you are, but I do, thanks for your awesome posts on the board, your appreciated by all of us, I assure you. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No this does make sense similar to the @Ron R cardboard trick? In the back I also have hair growing curling up. I’m going to try to place the hair in between my fingers and run the guard over.

I went to a new barbershop 3 times in a row near work. Tipped well. And each time the guy asked me “do you live around here.” twice I told him that work near his shop. (Small talk ensued about that) The third time he asked if I lived around there. I just said yes and never went back. I know I’m not memorable but come on. I’m not a fan of small talk but I guess I feel like it’s expected in these settings. But maybe not. I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. The “new” hygienist doesn’t talk at all. Maybe or two comments about my teeth as she works. But I’m just accept it trying not to think she doesn’t like me lol. For large segments of time I closed my eyes and thinking gosh I can’t believe I’m not on my phone this whole time lol.
Anyway I’m due for a home trim soon.
Now you know my secret for being a stunning conversationalist! Cutting hair I scheduled a half hour for a guy. I USED to have a great memory. I made people feel at home. I remembered names, kids and grandkids.... BUT if I screwed up a haircut (no matter if I really hadn't) and the guy or gal came back the next one was free, but I didn't tell them that until I finished. I never ever charged a Service man home on leave. Free coffee. Just little stuff. I was blessed.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Now you know my secret for being a stunning conversationalist! Cutting hair I scheduled a half hour for a guy. I USED to have a great memory. I made people feel at home. I remembered names, kids and grandkids.... BUT if I screwed up a haircut (no matter if I really hadn't) and the guy or gal came back the next one was free, but I didn't tell them that until I finished. I never ever charged a Service man home on leave. Free coffee. Just little stuff. I was blessed.

WOW! 😍

You have no idea how much I agree with this! When it comes to any successful business, service and support should always be the #1 highest priority. Your customer's are your livelyhood. Some companies do not understand this. Also, when you do a few free jobs here and there, it pays dividends in the end. Its just like you said, its the little things that make the biggest difference.

People like being treated as human, and not as a subject. Its that personalized approach that really counts at the end of the day. I also like knowing that you are also an honorable person. If you mess up a hair cut, then the next ones free, and you do your best to fix it. This I find to be quite honorable. And I must say that I am sincerely impressed.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I am really saddened to hear about this. Normally, barbers and salon's remember their repeating clients. And also, remembering someone, or the stories that they have told you, just shows that you care, and wish to continue the conversation. But the very fact, that barber never remembered after being told 3-times, that you live around there, the fact he never remembered you after 3-visits, that really says a lot. I am really sorry that you had that bad experience Rhody.

Well, just so you know, I like community, and I like reading your posts. And if you don't mind me going off topic for just a split second, I love Star Trek too, my username is a combination of Star Trek, and Wahl Clipper. Well, your barber may not remember who you are, but I do, thanks for your awesome posts on the board, your appreciated by all of us, I assure you. :)
Thanks so much sir I appreciate your kindness! Very much! Thanks.
I will add that I think he remembered me many months later when I walked by his shop he was standing outside. I had a fresh haircut and he gave me the side eye. I just nodded.
Customer service is the worst but giving in and becoming surly or jaded is worse of all. I’ve worked as a waiter and dealing with hungry people is also the worst. One night I had a party of 8. All pia. In the end they wanted 4 separate checks for 4 couples. One couple told me right away that they are pia. Direct quote. But they tipped well. The next weekend I was in the kitchen and the hostess found me and said a couple requested me. I thought it was a joke prank or some of my friends up to something. After looking around I realized it was the pia couple for the prior weekend.

37DD5E8C-DA27-4EFC-A07D-CCCA021A14EE.jpeg

Excuse the camera (cameras never do me justice ) head looks 10x bigger than what it really is 😂…so I got pretty much the same haircut as my pro pic( from the same person) with a neck shave …a eyebrow trim (I need to sculpt them at some point )and a hot towel for $36 aud (pretty damn cheap tbh ) and I didn’t have to have a mask …it was great I could breathe ….as a bonus the person who did it didn’t look half bad >_> and she was funny lol

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

View attachment 1428356
Excuse the camera (cameras never do me justice ) head looks 10x bigger than what it really is 😂…so I got pretty much the same haircut as my pro pic( from the same person) with a neck shave …a eyebrow trim (I need to sculpt them at some point )and a hot towel for $36 aud (pretty damn cheap tbh ) and I didn’t have to have a mask …it was great I could breathe ….as a bonus the person who did it didn’t look half bad >_> and she was funny lol

Who's that guy right there, he looks like the one in the profile picture, no way, he's got to be an imposter. HAHA :lol:

Seriously, the haircut looks good, did a good job. And I always forget my eyebrows everytime I do my own haircuts, its just something I don't really think about. Then once I notice the follicle fugitives who don't want to follow the rules, I wiz them off lol.

The last haircut I did in the first decade of last December.

And then today finally! :cheerful:.

In Italy there are no longer any restrictions on access to barbers from today.

No it isn't an April Fool!

In short, my barber's hand hurt by continuing to cut my mop!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'd not cut my hair since February. Boy, did it need a cut.

Anyway, this time I went to a barbershop. I'd asked around and liked what I heard about a barbershop and a particular barber there. The shop turned out to be in my neighborhood. There was an available appointment today with the recommended barber, so I pulled the trigger.

I was pretty pleased with him. He listened to me, and did what I asked, and was a guy I liked right away.

My wife says he cut my hair way too short. She says I do a much better job than he did.

It's just hair and will grow, and I'm reasonably pleased, so there it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

FarmerTan

Thanks, I'll never be able to unsee that.
Man....I can breathe again..... I was certain that you had seen the top half of my incredibly handsome head and didn't agree with 99.975% of the folks that I have paid on here that I do in actuality have an incredibly handsome face!

I'm so glad it was ONLY my relative on the far right that shook you up so much!

Top Bottom