What's new

Get woke go broke part 3: New Gillette ad shows black father teaching his trans son to shave

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I once interviewed a job candidate that was convinced the local police department was broadcasting info into his head. I passed on him fearing I would learn far more about HR procedings than I ever wanted to know if I hired him. He was a great fit for the job in all other respects. I hope he found the help he needed.
I hope so to. Oh, the stories I could tell! I'm writing that book, someday, I swear. The mentally ill are just sick, not mean.

I am blessed. More than anyone I know, actually.
I became a student Cosmetologist in 1979. I was 17. Was exposed to a whole lot more "alternative" lifestyle choices than most 17 y.o. kids.
As a psych nurse I saw a lot more, and some were mentally ill because they had no support system. Breaks your heart. I ain't got time for mean people, life's too long for that.

I'm older than you, and live in a very liberal city, but as I get older, without professional psychological training, I yet believe that "alternative" lifestyles are not choices, but rather folks filling out the beautiful human rainbow of personalities, psyches, hairstyles, gender, piercings, tattoos, etc. Thanks for being part of the rainbow, Dave.

FarmerTan

I'm older than you, and live in a very liberal city, but as I get older, without professional psychological training, I yet believe that "alternative" lifestyles are not choices, but rather folks filling out the beautiful human rainbow of personalities, psyches, hairstyles, gender, piercings, tattoos, etc. Thanks for being part of the rainbow, Dave.
Thank you. I'm somewhere between infra red and ultra violet!

Okay, I need to make something clear. The messages of these ads, I don't care either way. What I care about is that the company makes money. I support Nike's ad campaign because it makes money. Politics or not, make money. Pure genius on Nike's part. What P&G is doing is trying to lose money. However, you know they aren't serious about these ad campaigns because their Old Spice ads are still Hooah Hooah man. Anyway, do not take my stance as heck with alternative lifestyle people. I want their money too, but not at the expense of the bulk of the consumer base. Apple knows who their consumer base is, and caters to them. That's how they are able to sell overpriced Unix machines to your average jane/joe who will never use these machines to their fullest potential.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks everyone and I hope this helps clear up what I am trying to say. What I am trying to say is, "P&G, knock it off and make me money."

I’m not sure what they are trying to do here, by going after the growing market of transgender shavers, they are turning off a lot of their customer base of cis gender men(men who are born as male)

How exactly does expanding their demographic turn away their previous customer base? Why would anyone care one way or another, as long as they can still buy the products they like? If I find a product that I like, it makes no difference to me who else is or is not using it, and who else is or is not being marketed to. I just use the product and let others worry about their own business.

FarmerTan

Okay, I need to make something clear. The messages of these ads, I don't care either way. What I care about is that the company makes money. I support Nike's ad campaign because it makes money. Politics or not, make money. Pure genius on Nike's part. What P&G is doing is trying to lose money. However, you know they aren't serious about these ad campaigns because their Old Spice ads are still Hooah Hooah man. Anyway, do not take my stance as heck with alternative lifestyle people. I want their money too, but not at the expense of the bulk of the consumer base. Apple knows who their consumer base is, and caters to them. That's how they are able to sell overpriced Unix machines to your average jane/joe who will never use these machines to their fullest potential.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks everyone and I hope this helps clear up what I am trying to say. What I am trying to say is, "P&G, knock it off and make me money."
Well said.

The purpose of advertising is to make money. And if you ain't making money, the boss will fire you. And even CEO's have bosses!

Totally not true.
It's very true. There's always a way to make more money. Always a way to put what money you have to work for you. You either own it, or you don't. You cannot convince me otherwise. If anyone in your graduating class makes more money than you do, it means you could have made that money too. Same as if anyone from your graduating class makes less money than you, you have proven they can make more money. The opportunities are always there. You either use them to your advantage or you don't. No one's fault but your own.

It's very true. There's always a way to make more money. Always a way to put what money you have to work for you. You either own it, or you don't. You cannot convince me otherwise. If anyone in your graduating class makes more money than you do, it means you could have made that money too. Same as if anyone from your graduating class makes less money than you, you have proven they can make more money. The opportunities are always there. You either use them to your advantage or you don't. No one's fault but your own.

Graduating class? I am trying to avoid anything political but there are children in this world without access to education.

FarmerTan

Big D: what about the guy who is mentally ill, and it's a big deal for him to get out of bed? And it's too big of a deal to shower that day?
Truly not trying to disrespect you, just telling you that some folks ain't got the tools, and some ain't even got the tool box man.

I haven't seen the new adverts, and I have no intention of doing so. But advertising has never really inspired me, I am not going to buy a Big Mac because of a catchy slogan or a Fusion because it's endorsed by Tiger Woods.

I haven't seen the new adverts, and I have no intention of doing so. But advertising has never really inspired me, I am not going to buy a Big Mac because of a catchy slogan or Fusion because it's endorsed by Tiger Woods.
Most ads aren't geared towards adult males. They are pushed to women and children. Something about 21-24 frames per second slowing the mind down and making people susceptible to suggestion. Doesn't work as well on healthy adult males. That's why TV stations fought so hard against going digital. 60 FPS or higher makes people better able to look away from the TV. It would have been easier from the beginning to base the screen timing off of the AC Hertz coming from the power company. 20, 30, and 60 FPS would be easier to engineer for.
Have you noticed that in your teens and early twenties you were very entertained by whatever was on the TV, but as you got older it was harder and harder for you to find something to watch? That TV shows have gotten more and more complicated in the story telling in the last twenty years? That's because the higher frame rates make it harder to be lulled, so they have to actually tell a good story. If you ever get the chance watch an old episode of the A-Team. Everyone loved the A-Team. Watch it now in digital all you will say to yourself is, "How did I ever watch this? Was I so easily entertained?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom