What's new

German Wilkinson Sword

I've used German Wilks off and on for several years. I can't say they're my absolute favorite. Those would be Gillette Silver Blues and Polsilvers. But the German Wilks have lots of good points: They're blade-to-blade consistent with no duds, readily available and reasonably-priced. Their useful life is predictable (about 8 shaves for me). Maybe most important, they're smooth, and they work well and about the same way in all the razors I've tried them with. I've tried the Indian Wilks, but they didn't do it for me.

I've used German Wilks off and on for several years. I can't say they're my absolute favorite...

But the German Wilks have lots of good points: They're blade-to-blade consistent with no duds, readily available and reasonably-priced...

Maybe most important, they're smooth, and they work well and about the same way in all the razors I've tried them with. I've tried the Indian Wilks, but they didn't do it for me.

I'll go along with that. The Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade made in China and not India is better yet IMO.

I don’t think I’ve seen these. What does the package look like?

proxy.php

Just tossed the second German Wilkie....

....and loaded another! There is nothing wrong with this blade. I don't know why the first shave with the first blade was less than stellar. Maybe it was prep. Maybe a little more growth. IDK. But every shave since has been just fine. On par with my favorite blade, Astra SP. I'm curious now about Polsilvers and Gillette Silver Blues...

I finished the little black box of German Wilkies. Nice blade. This morning I went back to my usual Astra SP. Little difference in performance. I dig them both!

I'm glad the WSCs worked out for you. That's one of the blades I've laid in a supply of, since they are available locally at a good price. I use them often and they never let me down. They're nice blades.

Top Bottom