What's new

German Tech - completely different animal

I received a German Tech in a larger lot of razors several months ago. Never used it until today because Techs are said to be mild. In fact I find the prewar Tech too mild for me to get am easy BBS. The German Tech is a completely different animal as I have realized today. It has a slightly different geometry with more blade exposure. I would compare it shavewise more with a Gillette NEW than with a normal US Tech.

Some pics:

IMG_20220623_080102.jpg

IMG_20220623_080115.jpg

From now on it will be part of my rotation.

Any other regular users of the German Tech?

Sami

She’s an absolutely beautiful razor. I’ve never used a German tech but I’ve always liked the idea of a mainly aluminium version. I can remember seeing one for sale in my local newsagents as a kid and the shop owner saying, “ This is kind of razor you should use when you grow up, it’s better than the brass ones”.

She’s an absolutely beautiful razor. I’ve never used a German tech but I’ve always liked the idea of a mainly aluminium version. I can remember seeing one for sale in my local newsagents as a kid and the shop owner saying, “ This is kind of razor you should use when you grow up, it’s better than the brass ones”.
Indeed a very lightweight razor which is exactly what I like. Still impressed with the shave.

These razors are also in Germany not very common, at least they do not appear very frequently on the bay.

I received a German Tech in a larger lot of razors several months ago. Never used it until today because Techs are said to be mild. In fact I find the prewar Tech too mild for me to get am easy BBS. The German Tech is a completely different animal as I have realized today. It has a slightly different geometry with more blade exposure. I would compare it shavewise more with a Gillette NEW than with a normal US Tech.

Some pics:

View attachment 1476733

View attachment 1476734

Sami

Lovely razor!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Wish I could comment further, but I have no experience with German techs.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Some pics:

View attachment 1476733

View attachment 1476734

Sami
The German #34 Tech is one of my Top Tier Techs:
20220313_100422~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Germany #34 Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
20220308_195545~2.jpg

20220308_195632~2.jpg

Wonderful razor! :thumbup:

I’ve just looked on Mr Razor, the model he was referring to was a Featherweight in a green and white box.

Yes. I like light razors and at 27g it's as light as some bakelite razors -- certainly not the Merkur 45, though.
I wouldn't rate it with a New but that's me, perhaps mine is different.

full

You are right, Gillette NEWs are different. They are open comb, have more blade gap and furthermore the blade is less curved. I just wanted to say that the German Tech is for my feeling nearer to Gillette NEW as to US Tech.

Top Bottom