What's new

German shaving soaps

Haslinger builds into a nice lather and I would rank it 5th on my German Soap List (regardless of price); 1. Klar Seifen Klassik or Sport 2. Tabac 3. Palmolive 4. Dr. Dittmar 5. Haslinger 6. Speick. I haven't tried Gold Dachs or any other German Soap not on my list. Factoring in Price the top two spots would switch... depending on the time of day. :001_unsur

My List:

1. Dr. Dittmar Rivivage
2. Calani

Both of the these fine soaps easily outperform just about anything on the market, including MdC.

The Rivivage is the same as the soap offered by Dovo (the one that comes in the tin), BTW.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Calani is good but I prefer Tabac/Irisch Moos. The best deal going is Klar Kabinett, a rose scented vegie soap that lathers like mad. 500g for about $20!

Haslinger is also a great soap but is not German, it's Austrian.

Reactions: nav
I got two pucks of Calani (Spanish Sun and Lavendel) in the mail today. I'll do a review after I've had a chance to use it a few times.

Klar Kabinette for the win! Not only a great deal, a really good soap. I find I gravitate toward it more and more in the last few months. I chopped it up and stuffed it into an empty shave stick and use it for face lathering.

I got two pucks of Calani (Spanish Sun and Lavendel) in the mail today. I'll do a review after I've had a chance to use it a few times.
Can I ask where you got the Lavendel from? I'm not finding that particular one anywhere. Thanks.

Can I ask where you got the Lavendel from? I'm not finding that particular one anywhere. Thanks.

I got it from a seller on another message board. You could also order it direct from Germany, along with a bunch of other stuff that never made it here.

I got it from a seller on another message board. You could also order it direct from Germany, along with a bunch of other stuff that never made it here.
Do you mean there are flavors that the US vendors of this product chose not to carry?

Have Klar Kabinett; nice smell and great lather. Have Calani Dubai; nice lather but the aroma is an almost too sweet amber. Rather reminds me of Mama Bear's sandalwood and vanilla.

I didn't see shaving soaps when I peeked at the website, did you?

I found one on their "shop" site when I searched for "rasierseife". It is a sandalwood/citrus scented veggie soap with an ingredient list that is somewhat peculiar in the terminology of some of its consituents: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Canolate, Sodium Cocoa Butterate, Sodium Cocate Aqua, Caprae Lac, Kaolin, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinamyl, Alcohol Buthyphenyl Methylproprional, Amyl Cinnamal, CI 77891

:confused1

I have not tried it myself so I have no idea what it is like!

Top Bottom