What's new

German made brushes?

Hi,

I Google for german made brushes, but always get stuck either on Mühle or Thater or Shavemac. Are there any producers of brushes in Germany who make them, but are not of such a high price as Thater and Shavemac?

Thank you for your answers!

From what I've seen, if you can find a German Mfg'r, it is probably a custom handle that drives the price up like the Markus Herber knock off of the Rubberset 400 brush and they are usually found on Etsy or Facebook...
proxy.php

proxy.php

You could try Muhle's budget line: HJM. They arent as high of quality as their regular brushes but they are very serviceable and very affordable.

Speaking of HJM, if i am not mistaken, the HJM brand is being retired, in favour of the "NOM" brand which is Muhle's new value line of products. There are also some lesser known german brands on Amazon. At least in its european versions. I don't recall their names by heart though.

For something other than Mühle, shavemac or Thäter, look for:

- Rein Dachs
- VP leonhardy (Vereinigte Pinselfabriken Leonhardy & Co).
- Dr. Diettmar
- Hans Baier
- DaVinci (they are made in Nuremberg, despite the name).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
From what I've seen, if you can find a German Mfg'r, it is probably a custom handle that drives the price up like the Markus Herber knock off of the Rubberset 400 brush and they are usually found on Etsy or Facebook...
proxy.php

proxy.php
What are these made out of?
Look very cool

The DaVinci brushes are excellent IMO. They're available in a limited range of styles, but the quality of the knots is top notch; as good as any of the top tier brushes.

The DaVinci brushes are excellent IMO. They're available in a limited range of styles, but the quality of the knots is top notch; as good as any of the top tier brushes.

Indeed. They are excellent brushes with a luxury look and feel. :)

Hans Baier is a less expensive brand than DaVinci, but the quality is excellent.
VP Leonhardy is quite common in the drugstores around here (Portugal).

Oooh this is gold. Thanks!

You're welcome! :)
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have the 290 and 293 brushes and agree they are fantastic. They may not be the most beautiful brushes - but they perform great.

For something other than Mühle, shavemac or Thäter, look for:

- Rein Dachs
- VP leonhardy (Vereinigte Pinselfabriken Leonhardy & Co).
- Dr. Diettmar
- Hans Baier
- DaVinci (they are made in Nuremberg, despite the name).

Thank you for that, sir! You helped me identify my unbranded brush and i found a second one for a bargain. They share the same handles as Hans Baier and i believe they are made by the same manufacturer, but they don't carry any brand on the brush itself, but are sold by a name called "Fantasia", which appears to be sold also by a german store.

I've heard about the "Fantasia" brand, but I don't know who's making the brushes. But Hans Baier is a good guess, they sure look the same. They have other shaving items, like shaving soap and sets .

The brand "Fantasia" is found in several German brick-and-mortar shops and web-stores, like the German Amazon, or the Douglas chain of perfumeries. They sell a lot of beauty items for ladies, but have a small array of shaving related items.

You can take a look at their catalog here (just click on the image): Rasierpinsel

Top Bottom