What's new

German coffee Brands

hullo all.

First post in the Speakeasy so have pity.

Just wondering - there seems to be a great deal of coffee knowledge swilling about here. What are yous' opinions on the big German coffee brands? At least those familiar to northamericans, please forgive my insularity.

I recently switched from lavazza/illy/medaglia d'doro italian (or italian-type) coffees to Tchibo and Eduscho, and my nut is BLOWN. i'm finding them so much tastier - 'thicker' richer darker brew, but very low acid with a long mellow finish. and very consistent so far.

For background info - i use a cafetiere and exclusively buy ground coffee. i can't be arsed to roast/grind/fuss - i've got a good cafe down the street if i want coffee like that.

Any thoughts or suggestions for other brands to try?

Thanks!

-L.

No suggestions here, but FWIW, I despise instant coffee. However, Tchibo Instant is the ONLY instant I like.

Hmph, a coffee snob, just what I need. snooty snoot snoot! If I told you I don't keep my coffee in the freezer, would that reduce you to apoplexy?:tongue:

BTW, I like my beer warm & flat. I lived in england for a time, and became attached to the style. but i don't leave it lying around for 3 days. that's just... gross.

I've seen Dallmayr and Jacobs at my local german deli (which I love SO MUCH i could just PLOTZ!). will have to nose them out when I run out of Tchibo.

Thanks!

-L.

Hmph, a coffee snob, just what I need. snooty snoot snoot! If I told you I don't keep my coffee in the freezer, would that reduce you to apoplexy?:tongue:

BTW, I like my beer warm & flat. I lived in england for a time, and became attached to the style. but i don't leave it lying around for 3 days. that's just... gross.

I've seen Dallmayr and Jacobs at my local german deli (which I love SO MUCH i could just PLOTZ!). will have to nose them out when I run out of Tchibo.

Thanks!

-L.

Hey, whatever works for you! :w00t::w00t: No, I'm not a coffeephile (or coffeefool, depending on how you look at it), but there are plenty of those around on this forum. Still, I would recommend to get a Zassenhaus coffee mill with your Dallmayr beans, and some Bärenmarke Kondensmilch (if you like) for a completely teutonic coffee experience. :euro:

Best - MM

PS: By the way, one should never store coffee in the freezer! :a30:

Top Bottom