What's new

German Aftershaves

Aside from Speick, Pitralon, 4711, and Irisch Moos, are there any other German aftershaves I need to try? Currently use Irisch Moos but it's running low, and I'd like to replace it with another German one.

Tabac is on my list, but I'm going to Germany soon, and figured I'd try and pick up something that isn't as easily available here in the US.

There are several different versions of Tüff AS which are good. Lots of people swear by Tabac AS (although I am not such a fan). Of all of those which you mention, Speick is my favourite and I find that it suits all year round.

ok, definitely Tabac.
4711 cologne (actually closer to an aftershave)
Perhaps Knize 10 leathery aftershave.

but, why such special attention to German aftershaves??

tabac rooney schulze thursday december 22 2016.jpg
speick merkur 4711 st pauli girl january 18 2016.jpg
knize ten muhle pils germany map january 22 2016.jpg

Never tried Tüff, but I'm a big fan of the others I listed, except perhaps 4711. Never tried Tabac
ok, definitely Tabac.
4711 cologne (actually closer to an aftershave)
Perhaps Knize 10 leathery aftershave.

but, why such special attention to German aftershaves??

View attachment 791526 View attachment 791527 View attachment 791528

I'm likely travelling to Germany in the fall. Just curious if there is something I should look out for that I hadn't considered. Didn't know Knize was German. That's a good one.

Aside from Speick, Pitralon, 4711, and Irisch Moos, are there any other German aftershaves I need to try? Currently use Irisch Moos but it's running low, and I'd like to replace it with another German one.

Tabac is on my list, but I'm going to Germany soon, and figured I'd try and pick up something that isn't as easily available here in the US.

I just ordered the Meissner Menthol and the Pitralon Polar. Don't know them but I love the Pitralon Classic. Meissner has a ton of different versions, all interesting...

IMG_0162.JPG

Never tried Tüff, but I'm a big fan of the others I listed, except perhaps 4711. Never tried Tabac

I'm likely travelling to Germany in the fall. Just curious if there is something I should look out for that I hadn't considered. Didn't know Knize was German. That's a good one.

Sir Stan, personally, IIWM, and at your age, I would not bother with aftershaves, rather focus on more significant opportunities! Have a blessed trip!

proxy.php

If you travel to Köln visit the fragrance museum.
It has a very interesting history behind it. It is not far from the famous knock-off 4711 shop.

I just ordered the Meissner Menthol and the Pitralon Polar. Don't know them but I love the Pitralon Classic. Meissner has a ton of different versions, all interesting...

View attachment 791735

Meissner! Never heard of that one! I'm a big fan of Pitralon classic too. I'm interested to hear what you think of the Polar. I tried the "Pure" and it wasn't for me... way too melony.

Top Bottom