What's new

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle

Inspired by @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker I thought I'd share my scuttle too!

As the title says that is made by Georgetown Pottery and has a 20oz capacity.

I went with a more subdued ivory/cream color. It has hints of blue coming through but is hard to do it justice in pictures. They have bolder color combinations as well. It is beautifully hand made and very high quality.

For reference it is fairly large measuring 5.25 in diameter and 4.25 inches tall. The inner bowl is 4 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches tall. I think the rubber stopper with pewter cap is a nice touch.

The bottom of the bowl is ridged and it produces an terrific lather that stays warm throughout the shave and beyond.

As with many scuttles I've looked at, the lather bowl feels a bit narrow when compared to a traditional lather bowl. It takes some getting used to but produces top notch lather nonetheless.

I highly recommend checking them out!
PXL_20220504_151400984.jpg
PXL_20220504_151346735.jpg
PXL_20220504_151642218.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

I went with a more subdued ivory/cream color. It has hints of blue coming through but is hard to do it justice in pictures. They have bolder color combinations as well. It is beautifully hand made and very high quality.

For reference it is fairly large measuring 5.25 in diameter and 4.25 inches tall. The inner bowl is 4 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches tall. I think the rubber stopper with pewter cap is a nice touch.

The bottom of the bowl is ridged and it produces an terrific lather that stays warm throughout the shave and beyond.

As with many scuttles I've looked at, the lather bowl feels a bit narrow when compared to a traditional lather bowl. It takes some getting used to but produces top notch lather nonetheless.

I highly recommend checking them out!View attachment 1450280View attachment 1450281View attachment 1450282

That is a nice scuttle, very utilitarian indeed. The rubber stopper with the metal top is a nice touch. Yes, the lather area of scuttles seems to always be smaller then standard lather bowls. The handle looks fairly wide, so it should offer you a solid grip.

I also noticed that your scuttle doesn't just have spiral ridges in the lather area, it also has vertical ridges as well. This might aid in the whipping of lather as well, but only you have the experience with that. I love hand made pottery! Thanks for sharing!

I highly recommend checking them out!
Yeah, that's one of the issues I have with my G20, too narrow of a bowl. And with the bowl being kind of deep, you need longer handled brushes. Other than that, I love my G20. Warm lather while shaving .... :em2200:

Top Bottom