What's new

Georgetown G20

I ordered a G12 last week - the Hamata Blue. Can't wait for it to come in! I have yet to receive a shipping/tracking notification, however.

My only concern is that my tap water may not be hot enough for scuttle use.

I ordered a G12 last week - the Hamata Blue. Can't wait for it to come in! I have yet to receive a shipping/tracking notification, however.

I love the pewter stopper, total class. Enjoy yours! I always buy American when I can.

Georgetown makes an awesome product. I've been shaving with the G12 for several weeks now and love it. The tap water works well with it too. If I go really slow, I can notice a decrease in temp, but at its coldest it's still warmer than my old $1 wally world lather bowl! I have been debating investing in an electric kettle to get super hot water...

Georgetown makes an awesome product. I've been shaving with the G12 for several weeks now and love it. The tap water works well with it too. If I go really slow, I can notice a decrease in temp, but at its coldest it's still warmer than my old $1 wally world lather bowl! I have been debating investing in an electric kettle to get super hot water...
It would be easier to nuke it, perfectly fine for 2-3 minutes if you have the extra time.

Believe it or not, I don't own a microwave. When I get my G12, if the tap water is not hot enough, I may look into one of the cheap (~9.95) electric kettles, as you mentioned, on Amazon.

Believe it or not, I don't own a microwave. When I get my G12, if the tap water is not hot enough, I may look into one of the cheap (~9.95) electric kettles, as you mentioned, on Amazon.
You could just turn up the temp on your water heater, that's what I did. Make sure you keep the lather at the bottom of the bowl as well, it has a tendency to cling to the lip.

I have a black G12 on order, really looking forward to it. Been using hot towels lately & enjoying it so much I purchased a $25 vegetable steamer from Target. It has enough room to fit the G12 and 2 face towels.

How long did you guys wait after placing an order?

I ordered the G12 today (hamata/persimmon) and was told that it was in stock. I'm not sure if that's true for all colors, but I do hope mine arrives soon. I look forward to using it.

Funny, I thought DE wet shaving was supposed to save you money? Think I may have to get a part time job to support my habit!

I have a G20. Ironically, I don't bowl lather.... but I use my scuttle for every shave. I use it to soak the brush before my shave and I use it to hold my brush while I'm shaving after I face lather. Does a fairly good job at keeping my brush warm in between passes.... although it has a very large opening and a scuttle with a smaller opening (a brush scuttle) would do a better job I'm sure. Still, I love my G20 and it's the only single piece of shaving gear that I use for every shave.

Ben

I have a G20. Ironically, I don't bowl lather.... but I use my scuttle for every shave. I use it to soak the brush before my shave and I use it to hold my brush while I'm shaving after I face lather. Does a fairly good job at keeping my brush warm in between passes.... although it has a very large opening and a scuttle with a smaller opening (a brush scuttle) would do a better job I'm sure. Still, I love my G20 and it's the only single piece of shaving gear that I use for every shave.

Ben
This is how I use it, but one caveat, I put cream in the bowl with glycerin, after face lathering with a shave stick, I go one pass then whip up the lather in the bowl for the last two passes. Kind of an uber lather vibe.

Georgetown has G5 and G12 seconds for $30.00 and G20 seconds for $35.00. w/$11.00 shipping.

In my experience, the Georgetown seconds are excellent and a great deal. Attach is pics of a G5 I purchased recently. The ground area made this a second.

Attachments

• $GTP_2nd.jpg
    $GTP_2nd.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 160
  • $GPT_2nda.jpg
    $GPT_2nda.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 161
  • $GTP_2ndb.jpg
    $GTP_2ndb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 161
Georgetown scuttles are sweet and their seconds are perfectly serviceable (no problems within the lather making area otherwise they destroy it)

proxy.php

proxy.php

Georgetown has G5 and G12 seconds for $30.00 and G20 seconds for $35.00. w/$11.00 shipping.

In my experience, the Georgetown seconds are excellent and a great deal. Attach is pics of a G5 I purchased recently. The ground area made this a second.

Where do you find these seconds? Are they listed on the website or do you have to call in?

I have the small Proctor Silex pot for heating water. Heats the water in 5 minutes to 170 degrees. Checked it with a thermometer. Poured into my Robert Becker scuttle I have soothing warm lather for a three pass shave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom