What's new

Georgetown G20

I believe the bowl size is the same or similar and the reservoir is the only difference (though I could be wrong:blushing: so you may want to check the website). I have the 20 and use it every shave.

I received my G12 scuttle today and took it for a spin. The blending of the Hamata and Blue is phenomenal, and it really feels like you're holding a piece of artwork when you pick this thing up. On bottom, mine has "GP-13," which I assume means it was made in 2013. For those of you that have one on order, I received an email from Georgetown Pottery saying that they were waiting for the Pewter stoppers, which was holding up a few shipments.

Since my tap water is not too hot, I put some water in a kettle, heated it up, and transferred it to the scuttle. I did a four pass shave and had hot lather the entire time. The only drawback to hot lather is that about twenty to thirty seconds after hitting your face, it's cold again. :wink2:

Great looking scuttle. Love your choice in colors.

$Aust4_zpsb261c8ac.jpg

Just ordered a Robert Becker scuttle for $17.00, ceramic, (holds heat better), nice brush scuttle. Problem solved.

I believe the bowl size is the same or similar and the reservoir is the only difference (though I could be wrong:blushing: so you may want to check the website). I have the 20 and use it every shave.

Can someone with both verify the bowl size is the same? I'm putting these scuttles on my next to buy list, but can't decide to do the 12 or the 20. Opinions? If you buy a second it is only a $5 price difference.

My G12 arrived. Its beautiful and works great. I may have microwaved it too long the first time, the foamy lather got a hard edge to it and wouldnt build up. Pouring the water out and adding hot tap water produced a normal & thick lather the 2nd time.

Warm lather and a warm brush is great. Didnt think I would notice or appreciate the difference. My silvertip brush stays quite warm through 3 passes.

Top Bottom