What's new

Geo F. Trumper's Violet or Acca Kappa 1869 Shaving Cream???

I just recently bought some Tabac and I adore the stuff. But I really want to purchase another shaving cream b/c my TOBS Avocado is almost over. Both of the reviews for these both are great and can't seem to pick one. I already know both are for Sensitive Skin. There is a price increase which I already understand. Trumpers Violet sounds very good but then Acca Kappa is very distracting.

Say you haven't tried either one of these and had to choose one, which one would it be?

Thanks for the Input all. If you don't mind can you please explain the differences between the two and how your experience was? From there I guess i'll pick it with a top vote I guess.

Thanks Again!

-B

I haven't used the Trumpers so my input may not be of much value to you, but I have been using the Acca Kappa 1869 (in the tub) for a couple of months now and its wonderful. If you are a fan of almond scents you'll love it.

I would order the sample pack of creams from Trumpers for under $10. I wasn't that impressed with the samples and was glad I didn't buy a full tub.

I've only ever used one Trumper's cream(not violet), and that was nearly a year ago when I swithched to DE shaving. After canned gel or foam, it was a real treat and felt I'd moved up to something special. Now with more experience, I can say, beyond doubt, that AK 1869 is the one cream you do not want to forgo. Scent is personal(I am a huge fan of almond scents), but the sheer perfomance from this cream has to be experienced to be believed. It's also slightly cheaper than the Trumper's too. No contest here. Just make sure it's the tub though. The tube is the original formulation.

David

I saw free shipping and got it AK 1869. Got it from Men's Direct. I also made sure it was the tub and thats what I usually order for any shaving cream. I don't really like shaving cream tubes.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I saw free shipping and got it AK 1869. Got it from Men's Direct. I also made sure it was the tub and thats what I usually order for any shaving cream. I don't really like shaving cream tubes.

In this specific case it's really not a question of what packaging to prefer. The 1869 shaving cream in the bowl is, in fact, a completely different (superior) product compared to the 1869 shaving cream in the tube, which is the old formulation. Keep this in mind. :wink2:

The only Trumpers that I am truly happy with - performance and scent - is Coconut. But it's a bit temperamental - an extra drop of water will kill the lather.

Note that I have not tried the Violet but I assume it will perform like other GFT creams. Coconut performs differently.

Top Bottom