What's new

Geo F Trumpers, Colnel Conk or Taylor of Old Bond Street

I wasnt clear if you were talking creams or soaps. If you're talking soap, then The Conk outperforms TOBS every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Besides, who cant get enough of The Conks green soap? It smells like those cheap little green popsicles you got as a kid.

I received the sample pack, but have not tried the Geo F Trumpers yet. I have many more sample soaps to go through as well. I'll see when I get to it.

:)

Oops, T&H is Truefitt & Hill. T&F is me not paying attention. I should also add that I've only used soaps from these companies except TOBS, those were tiny cream samples so old they were almost croap-like.

Thanks to you, I went to the T&F site and ordered a sample pack of their stuff. Should arrive next week if they have it in stock. It may be a while before I get to it though. I been on a sample-pack shopping spree lately thanks to this site. Between full-size and sample packs of soaps and creams, I must have at least 70 different soaps and creams which will last me for plenty of years to come. No exaggerating.

I wasnt clear if you were talking creams or soaps. If you're talking soap, then The Conk outperforms TOBS every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Besides, who cant get enough of The Conks green soap? It smells like those cheap little green popsicles you got as a kid.
I am flexible. I am all for creams and soaps. As long as it smells good, that it can lather up, and become a favorite is what I like to have in a soap or in a cream.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I don't have any GFT creams, but plenty of TOBS which I like very much. Alexander Simpson makes a nice shave cream that you might like to try. Castle Forbes is my favorite UK shave cream... performance is exceptional.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have no experience with Colonel Conk soap, I've heard it's decent. However, I really like their Bay Rum aftershave. It reminds me more of a unique barbershop scent than a true Bay Rum, but regardless, it's very good.

I'm a fan of Col Conk Bay Rum. It simply works and has a mild but very pleasant scent. I use it about once every month or two unless I'm traveling where I uses it maybe 25% to 30% of the time.
I like it too. I microwaved a puck of Bay Rum into an Old Spice mug and use it for my head shaves. My head has never smelled so good.

I don't have any GFT creams, but plenty of TOBS which I like very much. Alexander Simpson makes a nice shave cream that you might like to try. Castle Forbes is my favorite UK shave cream... performance is exceptional.
Yes, Castle Forbes is superior to any of the other British Creams in my opinion. They are expensive though, and you can probably buy 2 jars of TOBS for one CF cream.

I have to strongly disagree here, I have used both TOBS hard soaps and Col Conk lime soap, and the TOBS soaps perform as good or nearly as good as any soap I have tried, including DR Harris and MWF.

T&H, TOBS, and GFT are my three favorites in that order. I think they all work about the same so it's really a scent thing for me. My biggest stash is T&H because I like their scents the best. TOBS, is the sandalwood and GFT is the coconut. I had high hopes for Castle Forbes. It performed great and the cost per ounce is quite reasonable. I just didn't care for the scents which was particularly disappointing for me re: the lime after all I'd read about it.

As everyone on these boards knows, Eucris is the scent and product by which all others are measured in my book. My recent purchase of the SMN Barba comes in second, and Mystic’s Dragons Blood third. But nobody - so far - has come close to Eucris. I really hope you enjoy the samples. Something special about starting each day exploring a new scent.

I've seen those soaps. Those are some of the more expensive soaps out there.

The Castle Forbes line of creams are even more expensive at over $40 a bowl, Martin De Candre Shaving is over $60 a bowl, and Czech & Speak is the most expensive I see on West Coast Shaving at $160 a bowl.

So who will be the first to order a Martin De Candre ? Or... how about a Czech & Speak bowl ?

Come on people... get on this and report back to us !!!!
I stopped using soaps & have gone back to only creams . I have a jar of Martin D Candre Fougere which I used twice. Jar is full to brime. Should someone want this, I will make them a deal. PM me. Grayson Russell

Top Bottom