What's new

Geo. F Trumper Warwick Safety Razor

I recently purchased a Trumper Warwick Safety Razor with a light horn handle. I'm new to wet shaving and started out with a Blades Grimm adjustable safety razor. I am really enjoying my new Trumper razor.

At first, I was a bit afraid of the comb style blade guard, but the Trumper razor has led to fewer nicks and a more comfortable shave than the solid bar style blade guard on my adjustable. I like the contoured handle of the Trumper Warwick; it's long enough to still feel comfortable, controllable, and substantial in fairly large hands. Despite the smooth design, I haven't had any issues with the razor slipping in my hands. It also has a good look and presentation on my razor stand.

The Trumper Warwick safety razor has a three piece head design. As my first safety razor had a butterfly head, it has taken some getting used to. You need to be careful when changing blades; always grasp the head by the sides as opposed to the cutting edge. I haven't had any problems with the handle sticking when attempting to remove the head. I find the three piece head to be far easier to clean than the butterfly design. The head has a chrome finish; it's easy to notice any dirty or wet areas when drying or cleaning the razor.

The Trumper Warwick safety razor is available with four different handle materials: there's a chrome handle, a simulated ivory handle, a light horn handle, and an imitation ebony handle. All four display the brand name on the handle in a contrasting color. Of all the handle materials, the light horn seems to have the most visual variance, with swirls between a dark brown and a nearly milky white throughout the handle. The Trumper name was placed in a light colored typeset on a dark brown portion of the handle so that it is clearly visible. On the other handle colors, the Trumper name is in a contrasting color and easily visible. The care taken by Trumpers to ensure that the brand name is visible on the light horn handle speaks to their quality of execution. Not one letter is made illegible despite the variance in the colors of the handle material.

I have used the Trumper Warwick with several different blades. I had my worst experience with a Feather blade. Perhaps it is an issue with my technique, but I have had more nicks with Feather blades than any other. I have also used Wilkinson Sword blades with this razor. While more comfortable than Feather blades, the Swords are still very sharp and lead to a somewhat less than comfortable shaving experience. I have had the best results with Lord blades. Even though the blade is cutting, the Lord blades feel almost soft in comparison to the more touted blades from Wilkinson and Feather on my skin.

Whether you use soap or cream to create your lather, the Trumper Warwick will generate similar results. I have used Proraso cream, Speick cream, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements soap, and Trumper soap with this razor. The results in the shaving experience centered more on the blade choice rather than the choice in lather in my experience. As I mentioned earlier, I was concerned that the open comb design would lead to a more uncomfortable shaving experience and more nicks than I experienced with my adjustable. To my delight and surprise, the open comb design has been just as comfortable and far more close than the shaving experience I have had with my adjustable when blade choice is factored in to the equation.

The Trumper Warwick cost me £45 when ordered direct from Trumper. As an American shopper, the shipping was fairly expensive and the conversion rate bumped the price up a bit. With that said, I cannot reiterate how pleased I have been with my purchase. I know that many wet shavers have a multitude of razors in their collection. I'm not looking for any other razor; why switch when you already have the best? In fact, the only other razor I may purchase in the future is a Trumper travel safety razor so that I might get a similar shaving experience when I'm away from home. This is a high quality product from a well known manufacturer. The Trumper Warwick safety razor would be a great addition to your shave den. If you use it, you may very well find your other razors unnecessary. I can't recommend it enough.

Welcome to B&B.
The Trumper Warwick safety razor has a three piece head design. As my first safety razor had a butterfly head, it has taken some getting used to. You need to be careful when changing blades; always grasp the head by the sides as opposed to the cutting edge. I haven't had any problems with the handle sticking when attempting to remove the head. I find the three piece head to be far easier to clean than the butterfly design. The head has a chrome finish; it's easy to notice any dirty or wet areas when drying or cleaning the razor.
From what I can see on the web site, GFT are just supplying expensive Warwick handles for various razors so I would be interested in seeing a photo of your DE razor. I suspect they are using a standard DE89 head, probably from Edwin Jagger although their image suggests not even EJ but a clone.

Last edited:
Speaking of Trumpers, their Skin Food is by far the most effective preshave I’ve used. It’s pretty good as an aftershave balm too. It looks pricey, but I use so little that my 200ml squeeze bottle (about $30) will last well over a year.

Top Bottom