What's new

Geo. F. Trumper Super Badger Shave Brush

Today, while looking in an antique store, I came across a Geo. F. Trumper, Super badger shave brush, boxed in a red cardboard container with instructions for care of the brush and has never used. I asked the merchant.... how much for the brush? He replied $25 since it's never been used. As I started to leave the store, without the brush, he called me back and asked if I would buy it. I offered him $10, since I'm not familiar with badger brushes, and he accepted the offer.

I really don't know much about badger brushes, since I use the boar brush all the time, since I use soaps, so I was hoping that some knowledgeable people could get me up to speed on this bush. The bush with loft stands about 4 inches high, has a white enamel handle with the following information written on it in black enamel....."Geo. F. Trumper, Curzon Street, Mayfair" on the other side of the brush it is written...."Super Badger, Made in England, I.B.8"

Anyone familiar with this brush that could give me an education? Thanks in advance.:biggrin1:

I *think* Vulfix makes the current brushes for GFT.
If so, that brush would be worth $55-70 new. Assuming it's not antique.

Score!

That looks fantastic- not vintage but probably even better. Be careful.... in some parts of the world you would be locked up for your actions. :wink2:
Congratulations!

Top Bottom