What's new

Geo F Trumper Rose vs Martin de Candre Rose

I got some samples of these two and I thought I would share my thoughts. First, let me say that I am using a straight razor (or learning!) and I have found that my soap needs had to change from those of using a DE safety razor.

The Martin De Candre Rose has more perfume ingredients. It is a bit more complex, to my nose. I got a good shave, but the razor wanted to drag, no matter how much or little water I used. It lathers really well. It wasn't bad, but it was there. I thought the slickness was on par with Barrister and Mann Lavender.

The Geo F Trumper Rose is definitely the more decadent scent! It is very strong, like going to the botanical gardens rose section when they are all in full bloom. It lathers really well and it was a bit more slick. I had less razor drag. It was better than the Barrister and Mann Lavender in terms of slickness. I got such a close shave without realizing it that it was almost too close! I got a VFS, near BBS, with BBS in most places, if that makes sense.

I still hope to find something cheaper that is this good or better. I would say the Geo F Trumper is as good as La Toja Sensitive on my face. That is my present thought. I had both GFT and MDC in my cart, but I took out the MDC based on my experiences shaving.

I have and enjoy both. Agreed that Trumpers is the stronger aroma. Both are lovely in their own way. I have not detected any difference in face feel. Maybe my water is softer here. But then again I don’t use straights. But I do recommend Trumpers Coral Skin Food as a pre-shave for all rose creams/soaps. Glorious in scent and an effective beard softener.

I used Trumper Rose Shaving Soap, today. It was a great experience. It is not quite as slick as A&E, but it is pretty good. The smell is incredible. This is a full rose scent, not rose and other things. It is like walking into the rose garden of the botanical gardens.

I got some samples of these two and I thought I would share my thoughts. First, let me say that I am using a straight razor (or learning!) and I have found that my soap needs had to change from those of using a DE safety razor.

The Martin De Candre Rose has more perfume ingredients. It is a bit more complex, to my nose. I got a good shave, but the razor wanted to drag, no matter how much or little water I used. It lathers really well. It wasn't bad, but it was there. I thought the slickness was on par with Barrister and Mann Lavender.

The Geo F Trumper Rose is definitely the more decadent scent! It is very strong, like going to the botanical gardens rose section when they are all in full bloom. It lathers really well and it was a bit more slick. I had less razor drag. It was better than the Barrister and Mann Lavender in terms of slickness. I got such a close shave without realizing it that it was almost too close! I got a VFS, near BBS, with BBS in most places, if that makes sense.

I still hope to find something cheaper that is this good or better. I would say the Geo F Trumper is as good as La Toja Sensitive on my face. That is my present thought. I had both GFT and MDC in my cart, but I took out the MDC based on my experiences shaving.

Happy to hear you are pleased with Trumper Rose.

As far as the scent, they are a bit different, and I tend to agree with your assessment, though I like both equally.

My unscientific performance evaluation is the opposite of yours. I find that I get a much better (DE) shave with MdC Rose vs Trumper Rose. The difference for me is so great that the Trumper bowl now lives in the back of the bottom drawer (soap exile).

You know, different strokes and all. 🙂

Happy to hear you are pleased with Trumper Rose.

As far as the scent, they are a bit different, and I tend to agree with your assessment, though I like both equally.

My unscientific performance evaluation is the opposite of yours. I find that I get a much better (DE) shave with MdC Rose vs Trumper Rose. The difference for me is so great that the Trumper bowl now lives in the back of the bottom drawer (soap exile).

You know, different strokes and all. 🙂
They are both great soaps. I could live with either. I'm on a straight razor kick right now and I had better results, just a bit, from the Trumper (not that the MdC was bad).

Top Bottom