What's new

Geo F Trumper price increase...

Hello,

I'm not giving away much of a secret, but Geo F Trumper are increasing all their product prices dramatically on 15th October. We have no idea by how much, but there has been no price increase since February 2005 despite rising fuel and production prices.

On a happier note there will be NEW products, including the following additions:

10 popular fragrances in 50ml atomiser bottles.
The return of bath soaps.
New skin food ranges.
New deoderant sticks in two fragarances.
New bath and shower cream.

And finally, a new shaving cream....

I will post again when I know more on the shaving cream, could it be a competitor for T&H ultimate comfort shaving cream?

Regards, Robert

That's interesting news. I had a sample from Scotto of Trumper Coconut and love it so this will spur me on to purchase a tub. Talking of which I don't suppose that Trumper would be upgrading their packaging at the same time. Like Taylor's the plastic tubs leave a bit to be desired in my opinion at least.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You mean to tell me that they're raising their low low prices?

As is, they are already a poor value. I know this is a luxury item, but I don't see anywhere near $25 worth of ingredients in that chintzy plastic tub of cream. I've paid as much or more for Coates and Harris, and will continue to do so, but the Trumpers creams (aside from coconut and sandalwood) never impressed me all that much.

I do like their colognes though. It's already expensive. I will probably look elsewhere if the price goes up too much. I did this with Illy coffee (Italian espresso), once it broke the £4 barrier I just stopped buying it.

I'm with Ouch. While I really enjoy the Trumper's stuff, I just can't see paying any more for it if they increase the price. There's already great stuff out there, such as the Sue's soaps, that will replace the Trumper in my inventory (if the price increase is too drastic).

I will continue to purchase the occasional Trumpers products since they so willingly sent me samples.

I won't be buying as much. 25-30 a tub is my upper limit as it is. I cannot see paying 40 a tub when Taylors is going for 15-20 and works just as well for me.

I wonder what the new cream scent will be? Anyone been hearing any rumors?

-joedy

I bought their sandalwood cologne....but from an e-bay vendor since they themselves ask soo much more for it. I LOVE the scent but I don't think I'll be buying anything from them in a long time. I've just discovered the european palmolive cream and it's an easy match in quality and even the scent is very nice....plus the price is like $2.50 for a tube.

So...nice company but not worth anymore of my money (although I'dve liked a bottle of Marlborough or Spanish leather cologne from them.)

Hello Robert. I know this has been floating around out there for months now and the only figure I've ever seen is something around 30%. That's substantial. I wonder how this will affect some forum gurus who consistently bad mouth AOS and Truefitt for being too expensive as compared to Trumper? I understand that no cost increases for nearly two years is pretty good but considering that Trumper was already between 10-25% more costly than Taylor or Truefitt, I wonder how this bodes for brand loyalty? I certainly enjoy Trumper and this likely won't keep me from buying some items from them. However, if the premium is too stiff, it could be few and far in between for purchases. I can't imagine what a hefty increase would do to the colognes and aftershaves sales. BTW, I wonder that if indeed the new shave cream is a competitor to Truefitt's UC, will we hear that it's Trumper and their minions trying to force us to buy a new product line whether we want to or not? Could it be that Trumper is reacting to the renaissance in mens grooming and is acting accordingly to increase profits? It's certainly good business sense but I wonder if Trumper will be attacked with the vigor that seems reserved for AOS and Truefitt? One last thought, if Trumper really does listen to you retailers, the new shave cream SHOULD be Spanish Leather! Add the scent to the hard soap line as well and I'll buy it! Thanks for the update.

Regards, Todd

Joedy said:
I wonder what the new cream scent will be? Anyone been hearing any rumors?

It's a deep greenish colored creme with a certain woody, earthy smell. I believe the working name will be Dinero. :001_tt2:

I have a few of the creams and haven't been impressed with them, considering their premium prices already. The skin food is amazing and worth the price since it lasts so long.
There are a lot of choices out there and Trumper should be going in the opposite direction, not up.:confused:

I'm going in the opposite direction. A year ago I started out buying all the expensive brands. Now I am realizing that there is a world full of affordable, fantastic quality creams/soaps out there. J.M. Fraser, Florena, Palmolive, Proraso, Erasmic, etc., etc.

I guess you buy Trumper for the scents, although the creams never struck me as a 'must have.'

See ya later Mr. Trumper.

rustyblade said:
I'm going in the opposite direction. A year ago I started out buying all the expensive brands. Now I am realizing that there is a world full of affordable, fantastic quality creams/soaps out there. J.M. Fraser, Florena, Palmolive, Proraso, Erasmic, etc., etc.

I guess you buy Trumper for the scents, although the creams never struck me as a 'must have.'

See ya later Mr. Trumper.

Have you tried ARKO?

Top Bottom