What's new

Geo. F. Trumper Lavender Water

For those of you that enjoy lavender in its many forms, here is a gentleman's fragrance you should have in your fragrance cabinet. In several other purveyors' products, while often finding the delight of English Lavender, or Mediterranean Mint, or the AOC Lavender en Provence, never have I found one that had the delightful fragrance coupled with some longevity until this one.

First a word of caution. Any and all fragrances will smell differently on each individual and also last for differing periods as a result of each individuals body chemistry. Now on to the catcalls. Around 6:00AM I splashed some of the Trumper Lavender Water into my hands and proceeded to scent my chest, forearms, and neck (even allowed a bit onto the ol' visage). Immediate sensuality! Agh! I really LIKED ME! The (top) fragrance just whirled around the room. I visualized lavender blooms all about me! Even after it dried down, the same wonderful, warm fragrance. Here it is 9 hours later and I am pleased to report that the ol' hirsute locations are still alive with lavender.:thumbup:

Yeah, the GFT lavender is good stuff. I don't have any, but I've applied it many a time at the local apothecary but haven't yet bought it. An indisputably masculine scent, it also has longevity (as mentioned above). Now that green pond has their sale on it might be a good time for me to step up to the plate.

Ron, will you be doing a similar write up on the Ajaccio Violets you recently scored? I might as well kill two birds with one stone whilst in Trumpers.

Jonnybc said:
whilst in Trumpers.

What a good lot of us Yanks would love to be able to pop into Trumpers like you limeys(meant fondly I assure you)are able to do. I truly envy you and your Jermyn and Curzon streets. Please John, share your experience with the Lavender water.

Regards, Todd

Ron, you've got me really interested in this one. My wife does not like the Atikinson's, so I need to find another lavender scent. As subjective as this is, do you think you could compare/contrast the two a bit?

Jonnybc said:
Ron, will you be doing a similar write up on the Ajaccio Violets you recently scored? I might as well kill two birds with one stone whilst in Trumpers.

If it helps any I've tried the Trumper's Ajaccio Violets and I do like it...may even consider buying a bottle at some point. It is a very green violet aroma, more violet leaf than anything else to my nose. Additionally, the scent does work fairly well with their violet shaving cream, which was my reason for trying it.

A strong but nice lavender scent is the free hand cream sample I received, 1 each with my 5 C&E orders, from C&E. Strong scent, but dies off fast. I wonder what their lavender body cream is like? I have the almond body cream and avocado body cream. The almond smells just like the shaving cream. I have not worn the almond yet so can not comment on the longevity. The avocado body cream smells very close to the Taylors avocado shave cream and is very rich and spreads great! A little goes a long way. I really like the C&E products and would suggest that after you buy your tubs of Sweet Almond Oil shave cream, that you try the hand cream (hey it is free and if I have 4 tubs of Sweet Almond oil, why shouldn't you?). If you like the hand lotion, try some more of the lavender line! Perhaps we can have a BCAD (body cream)?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darren

Jonnybc said:
Hi John,
Will do so (probably) this PM as I used it after my QED Violetta shave this A.M. Might wait till tomorrow as I am going to do a GFT Violet in a Bowl shave. Good grief I love these fragrances in the Summer.:blushing:

guenron said:
Hi John,
Will do so (probably) this PM as I used it after my QED Violetta shave this A.M. Might wait till tomorrow as I am going to do a GFT Violet in a Bowl shave. Good grief I love these fragrances in the Summer.:blushing:

Excellent, I love Trumper's Violet cream. I should have bought the cologne by now really.

Agent86 said:
Ron, you've got me really interested in this one. My wife does not like the Atikinson's, so I need to find another lavender scent. As subjective as this is, do you think you could compare/contrast the two a bit?
Hmmm. As they smell on me or you?:001_rolle First I have not used my Atkinson's in some time. If I can recall, it did not have the longevity of the Trumper offering by a long shot. This AM before showering I still noted the Trumper Lavender water on my forearms (hairy buggers they are!) As far as fragrance, they are different. How different? The Trumper scent, initially, appears more flowery and upon dry-down more minty.:w00t: (YMMV) Hope that helps.

Hey Ron. After reading your review, I decided to break out my sample of Lavender Water. First off, I loved the scent and cannot figure out why I haven't been using it since I got the sample.

Second, my wife LOVES it. She couldn't stop smelling me when I walked down stairs. Unfortunatly it doesn't stay on me as long as other things I use.

So, I'm going to put this one on my Christmas list!

used the gft lavender tonight....worked well....just not a flowery scent fan...this one wont be a rebuy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom