What's new

Geo F. Trumper Coconut shaving cream

It's a rare occasion when a shaving product makes such an impression on me. Especially a "soap" or in this case a cream. Even rarer my wife. So I received as a Christmas gift a tub of this cream and not expecting anything out of the ordinary I was neutral. I didn't have any expectations of it's performance or lather aside from scent I thought "not bad". Very low key.
I picked my 57mm Adoration brush for the duty of whipping up lather which is a big brush but not floppy. How Ras120 managed that I don't know but thank him. Anyway, I started out with maybe two almond sized scoops while adding hot water and BOOM the lather did in fact expand so quickly as to take me by surprise. Within five seconds there was a froth of lather which is a mix of bubbly soap and water. In a short thirty seconds I had creamy dense yogurt lather. Pairing all this goodness with my Apollo and Gillette plats I was rewarded with a shave that was effortless bbs.
As you can see in the pic there was an abundance of lather in fact so much that my wife stole the rest for herself. While 9 out of 10 times I advocate "more lather!" this was an "oops" moment. I was not prepared for THAT much lather. There was enough from those two almond size scoops for a three pass and a touch up and my wife's legs.:blink: It's a rare day indeed when the wife decides to steal anything from my shave den let alone excess soap and comment what a great shave I had and what a nice soap this is. Next to MDC I've never ran across anything that lathers so quickly as this cream. While most people migrate as a newbie from creams to soap this may be the one instance where I do the opposite or at least keep this in my rotation permanently.
The soap dual characteristics was top notch in that it still was able to preserve some of itself in a cream form inside the brush while generating cushion of lather in the bowl. It's slickness was also impressive for blade buffing. Wow. Color me impressed.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1388132118689.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388132118689.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 374
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1388132127591.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388132127591.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 375
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1388132143081.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388132143081.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 378
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1388132156576.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388132156576.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
While it doesn't agree with me, I do love the scent. I keep a pot just to smell it...

Indeed, this is one insane cream.

One of the best Coconut scents out there too, very refined.

I blind bought this a while ago and feard it would smell like those coconut-scented tanning lotions. But this cream's smell is miles from this. So light and addicting, to my surprise.

Performance-wise, it is one of the best ou there. Easy to lather, great glide and cushion, and, most of all, VERY hydrating, to the point an aftershave is sometimes useless.

The person who gave you this as a gift had great taste and did a very good research to come up with this cream. Congrats :)

Indeed, this is one insane cream.

One of the best Coconut scents out there too, very refined.

I blind bought this a while ago and feard it would smell like those coconut-scented tanning lotions. But this cream's smell is miles from this. So light and addicting, to my surprise.

Performance-wise, it is one of the best ou there. Easy to lather, great glide and cushion, and, most of all, VERY hydrating, to the point an aftershave is sometimes useless.

The person who gave you this as a gift had great taste and did a very good research to come up with this cream. Congrats :)

I'm super proud of my wife. Along with this came a Kent brush so yes, it does look like she did a bit of research. As far as I'm concerned she hit a grand slam.

IMO. this is.far and away. Trumpers best cream. It has been one of my top 4 or 5 favorites for many years,along with Castle Forbes Lime, XPEC and T&H Rose. Superb stuff !

Craig

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ok I thought, "I must be going insane smelling the Col. Conk's Almond Shave soap EVERYtime I go to the bathroom."

Thats another great one. Actually the first soap I ever used. I had a girlfriend that adore the scent.

I like the cream but wish they had not made a mess of their soaps, would give just about anything for them to re-intoduced a tallow version.

After finding Mitchell's Wool Fat, I don't use my creams so much. But I do have a half tub of Trumpers coconut cream left. I find it to be great for a summer shave, especially with some Lime Skin Food. That combo leaves no lasting scent, but the face feel is exceptional. Harry Nilsson anyone?

One of the very best creams available. More people should give this one a chance.

Agreed! I'm late to this game but will definately do my part in future pifs and the like. The value of cost to use is pretty good and the performance as I mentioned is top teir. I think this one which has been around so long get's lost with all the " IN SOAPS" that seems to hit the scene so often and there is such a mad rush for them. But as a legacy cream it's true & strong in every fasion and not outdated. It's one if those soaps I kept reading about but never thought much of. Obviously I'm extreamely thankful for my wife doing her research and pulling the trigger on it.

I use GFT coconut in the tube and love both coconut and also limes. Some of my favorite top shelfers! I may have to look at the tub for coconut. Boy, when they say to use an almond sized amount, they ain't kidding! BOOM!

Last edited:
I use GFT coconut in the tube and love both coconut and also limes. Some of my favorite top shelfers! I may have to look at the tub for coconut. Boy, when they say to use an almond sized amount, they ain't kidding! BOOM!

oooooh. You just gave me an idea. I wonder if their lime would mash up with the coconut. That sounds intriguing. Or even a dash of bay rum with the coconut.

I've been a big "fan boy" of the Coconut Oil cream for a few years now and always recommend it as a first choice to any who ask about creams. The other Trumper's products are OK but this one is head and shoulders above the others in performance.

Which Kent brush did your wife get for you?

Pair it up with a nice bay rum aftershave if you want to improve on it any :001_smile

proxy.php

I've been a big "fan boy" of the Coconut Oil cream for a few years now and always recommend it as a first choice to any who ask about creams. The other Trumper's products are OK but this one is head and shoulders above the others in performance.

Which Kent brush did your wife get for you?

Pair it up with a nice bay rum aftershave if you want to improve on it any :001_smile

proxy.php

I got the Kent BLK12. A GIANT of a brush! Again, a little late to the party on both counts but what a pairing!! The brush will have it's first dip tonight in the coconut cream. Excited to use it.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1388268563803.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388268563803.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 245
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1388268592430.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1388268592430.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 247
I like the cream but wish they had not made a mess of their soaps, would give just about anything for them to re-intoduced a tallow version.
Regards G.F. Trumper soaps, I emailed them a couple weeks ago to ask if they were planning to reformulate their soaps to make them more like previous. The response was basically that they have not heard of anyone dissatisfied with their soaps. So it is safe to say you can disregard any impulse to buy G.F. Trumper soap.

I got the Kent BLK12. A GIANT of a brush! Again, a little late to the party on both counts but what a pairing!! The brush will have it's first dip tonight in the coconut cream. Excited to use it.

Great brush, totally over the top!
It will smother your face, unless, of course, if you're over 7 ft tall!
Very indulgent.
Send more pics as you enjoy it!

Top Bottom