What's new

GENUINE TALCUM SCORE

My Heno dePravia is almost gone , and I don't want to open my kilo of Borotalco. A random search ended up at the African Heritage Market on ETSY . I saw a brand I was familiar with , BINT-EL-SUDAN , a very old established brand . There was also SIX FLOWERS , which I decided to try. Price was reasonable for such rarities in the U.S. , $43 for three 8.9oz containers , including shipping. I got lucky, these are the genuine article. Highly pulverized first quality talcum powders !...The SIX FLOWERS smells just like the Vitalis hair oil I used in the 50's !!, a nice men's scent. The Bint-el Sudan is more complex, a better talc for nights, but I use it anytime. I will post below the links to the origins . The original British manufacture was and still is done in Nigeria . Have no fear lads, Nigeria has both highly modern cosmetics and pharmaceutical laboratories , I have no qualms about the safety whatsoever................ 'Bint El Sudan' non-alcoholic perfume, created in 1920 by W.J. Bush & Co, was once the world's best selling fragrance - https://www.perfumeprojects.com/museum/bottles/Bint_El_Sudan.shtml .................

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
My Heno dePravia is almost gone , and I don't want to open my kilo of Borotalco. A random search ended up at the African Heritage Market on ETSY . I saw a brand I was familiar with , BINT-EL-SUDAN , a very old established brand . There was also SIX FLOWERS , which I decided to try. Price was reasonable for such rarities in the U.S. , $43 for three 8.9oz containers , including shipping. I got lucky, these are the genuine article. Highly pulverized first quality talcum powders !...The SIX FLOWERS smells just like the Vitalis hair oil I used in the 50's !!, a nice men's scent. The Bint-el Sudan is more complex, a better talc for nights, but I use it anytime. I will post below the links to the origins . The original British manufacture was and still is done in Nigeria . Have no fear lads, Nigeria has both highly modern cosmetics and pharmaceutical laboratories , I have no qualms about the safety whatsoever................ 'Bint El Sudan' non-alcoholic perfume, created in 1920 by W.J. Bush & Co, was once the world's best selling fragrance - https://www.perfumeprojects.com/museum/bottles/Bint_El_Sudan.shtml .................

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Bint Al Sudan sounds interesting.Is six flowers the Asian Florida Water?
I got lucky my local drug store got in a case of real talc baby powder. I have 5 in my closet now. will probably pick up a few more to have a possible life time supply. Corn starch doesn't cut it in Georgia summer heat and humidity.

Bint Al Sudan sounds interesting.Is six flowers the Asian Florida Water?
I got lucky my local drug store got in a case of real talc baby powder. I have 5 in my closet now. will probably pick up a few more to have a possible life time supply. Corn starch doesn't cut it in Georgia summer heat and humidity.
No..... the Six Flowers has a 1950s' Vitalis scent , and maybe a vintage Tres Flores scent , real nice aroma !

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've been using Imperial Leather. Bought a 6 pack of it off AMZ. I also have some Yardley that is real talc, but it's a bit more expensive than Imperial Leather.

No cornstarch crap for this gent, bring on the talc.

I've been using Imperial Leather. Bought a 6 pack of it off AMZ. I also have some Yardley that is real talc, but it's a bit more expensive than Imperial Leather.

No cornstarch crap for this gent, bring on the talc.
Same here, in fact I just scored a few more REAL tin cans, posting the pics right now!

Top Bottom