What's new

Gentlemen's Essentials: Snus

It seems that at this point Northerner is the only vendor with a US warehouse.

UPS shipping from there is 12 bucks and change, mandatory UPS shipping from Sweden is over 20.

From my reading at the Snuson board, the big problem with Northerner is that they will sell and collect on product they don't have in stock. That's where the long delays come in; and they won't respond to you because they'd have to admit they sold you a product they don't have.

My recent shipment arrived in timely fashion. PACT regs state tobacco shipments must be signed for. Luckily UPS came by after I was home from work and able to sign.

Thanks Uncle Sam, for saving me from myself once again. What would we do without you?

So is buysnus.com a viable option now? My friend placed an order at getsnus and they tried to charge him $22.00 in Tobacco tax(his order was 5 or 6 cans:mad3:)...needless to say he hit cancel button.

So is buysnus.com a viable option now? My friend placed an order at getsnus and they tried to charge him $22.00 in Tobacco tax(his order was 5 or 6 cans:mad3:)...needless to say he hit cancel button.

If you live in most states, then Buysnus should be your only option. Standard order runs about 22.00 to ship, but look at Getsnus/Northerner- minimum 12.40 shipping plus all your state tobacco tax. You come out much cheaper ordering from Sweden.

PACT sucks, but at it's worse, you're still only paying about an extra 10.00 per order (if you stick with Buysnus). The days of buying five or six cans per shipment is over. You have to order two or three rolls to make it worth your while.

Also: Buysnus doesn't have to do the stupid FDA thing, so you can still get all the brands that are now banned in the USA.

If you live in most states, then Buysnus should be your only option. Standard order runs about 22.00 to ship, but look at Getsnus/Northerner- minimum 12.40 shipping plus all your state tobacco tax. You come out much cheaper ordering from Sweden.

PACT sucks, but at it's worse, you're still only paying about an extra 10.00 per order (if you stick with Buysnus). The days of buying five or six cans per shipment is over. You have to order two or three rolls to make it worth your while.

Also: Buysnus doesn't have to do the stupid FDA thing, so you can still get all the brands that are now banned in the USA.

Thanks for the info...That PACT act really sucks I used just buy only buy 2 or 3 cans and they would last me a couple months. Now it almost doesn't seem worth it. Ill check out Buysnus, Thanks. Snus really needs to catch on in the US because ordering it is a hassle.

Not much but the twelve bucks covers you up to a pound.

Re: buysnus, I used them before but I didn't pay nearly what they would have cost me through Northerner. Cans were already labeled for FDA b.s. and didn't go through customs.

Would like to see other posts re: buying from Sweden in the PACT era. I was very happy with buysnus.

I quit using tobacco about eight years ago (one or two packs a day of Camel straights, cigars, pipe, and various chews for over fourty years) and this thread has enticed me to try tobacco in snus form more that I would have thought possible.

Ken
It really is tempting....

I'm visiting Stockholm tomorrow to buy some snus to fill my fridge. :thumbup1:

Like a child in a candy store..

Last edited:
For some reason I had Snus Butiken bookmarked. Are they a viable supplier to the states. Anyone deal with them?

Kevin

They're another Northerner/Getsnus/Snus.com satellite site.

I really don't understand the need for these snus guys to have thirty different domain names if it's all the same shop. Seems kind of spammish to me.

Old thread, but I'm relatively new; I still enjoy the Grov and Roda Lacket Snus. Sometimes I go with General.....The Northerner now has to follow the rules. They have a snus warehouse in the US. All cans now come plastered with warning labels.

Great thread to resurrect.

Even with the new tax laws, cans of Snus come in at around $6-7 which is still a fantastic value for the product.

Gents, I wanted to do a little review on Skoal Snus Mint. I remember when real snus was sooooo cheap until some lobbyists caught on. So I found the Skoal offering for 3.16 locally. It comes in a typical Skoal tin, plastic tub and metal lid, and includes 15 "spit free pieces". Upon opening you get a strong but enjoyable Mint scent and you instantly note the GIANT portions. These dwarf the "maxi" portions available from Sweden. The portion is large but comfortable under the lip and is quite noticeable. Trying to be discreet, look elsewhere. The mint flavor is good but unfortunately there is zero tobacco taste. Moisture is very good compared to some of the other American offerings and the portion gets a decent juice going. Ok nicotine, it's weak and has more of a spike then the traditional snus. The stuffs not horrific but its really not for me. It will do in a pinch.

Top Bottom