What's new

Gentlemen Restraint for One Month - August 2014 Edition

Anyone interested in doing a one month restraint from purchases? This is geared with those who have a hard time making it a quarter or year (or the month of July), but want to work on curbing their AD's. All are welcome to join. If you fail please share with pictures if possible.

This restraint is for August 1-31, 2014

RULES

1. No shaving purchases, period. (This will not include buying items for someone else, as we should be willing to help others join the DE, SE, or straight world, use your best judgement here, and do not ask for anything in return for the generosity).
2. You are expected to have enough shaving materials to make it 31 days without making a purchase.
3. Trades with someone else will be acceptable.

EXCEPTIONS

To those that trudged through July and successfully completed the July Restraint, you will have August 1st to restock and get your AD's out of your system.

B&B Group Buys or B&B Branded Shaving Items, because some are limited edition and all are good deals. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify (All Non Shaving B&B items are as many as you want :thumbup:). Only 1 shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B!

Sue Moore Auction Items. This is a great cause and we should all try to participate in it if possible.

Perfect for those that failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their AD's. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint :thumbup:

Mods:

We request that you all would leave this in the General shaving forum until August 1st so we can get as many as possible to see this restraint. Thread can be moved to the Brotherhoods and Clubs on August 1st.

Copy the list and add your name to the bottom. Also feel free to add GRU-MoRO(August) with your number in your signature. Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Kevdogg329
, abragus, anyone else that wants to assist with this)1. Kevdogg329

Last edited:
1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar

In it to nail it. (Made a *ahem* tactical leave from MoRO-July at the 6. just to stock up.) :001_rolle

Being I have done my big shopping in July, I can confidently add my name.
1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross

I am in the July and the Fall restraints. I have arranged for my exception (replating) for August, so that knocks me out of August.

Will sign up for September in due time.

I'm in. Should be able to do it, I was really close in July, the Penhaligon's summer sale ruined it for me.

1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd

I'm in. I got this. SWMBO will be happier with me not buying anything for a month
1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted

I am in the July and the Fall restraints. I have arranged for my exception (replating) for August, so that knocks me out of August.

Will sign up for September in due time.

If you send it out and pay for it on August 1st, you can have your cake and eat it as well :)

We will miss you next month.

1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted
8. Natenaaron

Just have to get my strop before August.

If you send it out and pay for it on August 1st, you can have your cake and eat it as well :)

We will miss you next month.

I sent it out in the first days of July during the restocking for Fall. If he finishes on August 1st I can pay him then.
So will wait and see what happens.

1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted
8. Natenaaron
9. kyledre

In all honesty, I'm going to kind of cheat: leaving PIF's open for myself since I'm so new at this and haven't aquired much yet. Other than that, I'm all in. Just need to make sure to get some injector blades in the next few days.

1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted
8. Natenaaron
9. kyledre

In all honesty, I'm going to kind of cheat: leaving PIF's open for myself since I'm so new at this and haven't aquired much yet. Other than that, I'm all in. Just need to make sure to get some injector blades in the next few days.
PIFs are acceptable as the receiver does not have to pay anything, typically. If you have to pay shipping still no harm as it's not for the item itself (i.e. trades)

I am not in this one but good luck to all. Can't pass an opportunity to get my exception item during my GRU-Fall. Unless the certain scent is available august 1.

I am not in this one but good luck to all. Can't pass an opportunity to get my exception item during my GRU-Fall. Unless the certain scent is available august 1.

Let's hope it comes in August 1. Signup will be left open until the end of August 1 do those in the July Sabbatical can re-stock and decide to join if they want to.

also if anyone is interested in helpinng to run a monthly Sabbatical, PM Me. I will be needing some assistance in the upcoming months.

PIFs are acceptable as the receiver does not have to pay anything, typically. If you have to pay shipping still no harm as it's not for the item itself (i.e. trades)

Well, sweet! No exceptions for me then!

Last edited:
1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted
8. Natenaaron
9. kyledre
10. unkajonet

I'm in. Hopefully, brushes won't attack my credit card this time.

1. Kevdogg329
2. Billy Goatee.
3. Ulfgar
4. cdrross
5. Matuka
6. Scotchd
7. Sha-ted
8. Natenaaron
9. kyledre
10. unkajonet

I'm in. Hopefully, brushes won't attack my credit card this time.

Not clicking on the buy button will keep brushes from attacking :)

Top Bottom