What's new

Gentleman’s Face Care Club

6719739A-19C4-4B90-8B13-1725CE2E780B.jpeg

This has been one of my best finds. I deliberately had a look for a bergamot shaving cream on Amazon last week and found this. They currently have a competitive price compared to our other more well known British makes of men’s shaving products and based on the fragrance and performance of this one alone, I think they‘re on a par with them too. From the first sniff I was reminded of the opening notes of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta and some of the other Acqua di Parma Colonia fragrances. It does what it says on the tin, or tub in this case.

As with say D.R. Harris, T&H, TOBS or GFT, an almond sized amount of cream was more than enough to get plenty of lather. I had something in my bowl close to whipped egg whites in about a minute. Plenty of cushion and my skin felt slick enough for me after the shave.

They have Caribbean Lime, Sandalwood and Peppermint scents as well from what I can see.

10/10 from me.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Sounds like great stuff, and I must admit that I hadn't heard of this brand. Nice review and I appreciate you putting this on my radar!!!

Sounds like great stuff, and I must admit that I hadn't heard of this brand. Nice review and I appreciate you putting this on my radar!!!

You’re welcome. I am definitely going to dig it out for my next shave as I haven’t used it since I put the review up.
I will likely invest in a tub of their Sandalwood next.

View attachment 1094573
This has been one of my best finds. I deliberately had a look for a bergamot shaving cream on Amazon last week and found this. They currently have a competitive price compared to our other more well known British makes of men’s shaving products and based on the fragrance and performance of this one alone, I think they‘re on a par with them too. From the first sniff I was reminded of the opening notes of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta and some of the other Acqua di Parma Colonia fragrances. It does what it says on the tin, or tub in this case.

As with say D.R. Harris, T&H, TOBS or GFT, an almond sized amount of cream was more than enough to get plenty of lather. I had something in my bowl close to whipped egg whites in about a minute. Plenty of cushion and my skin felt slick enough for me after the shave.

They have Caribbean Lime, Sandalwood and Peppermint scents as well from what I can see.

10/10 from me.
i just used the peppermint cream from GFCC today for first time, i have to say, it's really one of the best creams I've used, i have creams that will be replaced when finished and some that won't,this one is up there with the best, and will definitely be replaced when done👍🏼

i just used the peppermint cream from GFCC today for first time, i have to say, it's really one of the best creams I've used, i have creams that will be replaced when finished and some that won't,this one is up there with the best, and will definitely be replaced when done👍🏼
Hi bluespark

Sorry for the late reply - been a bit hectic at home recently.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with their peppermint cream. I'll likely give it a try as I do like mint scented creams.
I agree with you about the performance being up there with the best - I really can't see much of a difference from how my creams from Cyril Salter, TOBS, Trumper's or D R Harris have performed but GFCC is a fair bit cheaper - a win/win!

The bergamot and neroli scented cream is really nice. They may not have the biggest range of scents but they've chosen well I think. The bergamot and neroli reminds me of the opening notes of Acqua di Parma colonia.

They sent me a free synthetic brush as a thank you for reviewing the cream on Amazon. I think it's a very good brush for what they're charging.

Hi bluespark

Sorry for the late reply - been a bit hectic at home recently.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with their peppermint cream. I'll likely give it a try as I do like mint scented creams.
I agree with you about the performance being up there with the best - I really can't see much of a difference from how my creams from Cyril Salter, TOBS, Trumper's or D R Harris have performed but GFCC is a fair bit cheaper - a win/win!

The bergamot and neroli scented cream is really nice. They may not have the biggest range of scents but they've chosen well I think. The bergamot and neroli reminds me of the opening notes of Acqua di Parma colonia.

They sent me a free synthetic brush as a thank you for reviewing the cream on Amazon. I think it's a very good brush for what they're charging.
i also have reviewed them on Amazon😁and placed an order yesterday for a tub of bergamot & neroli, the price was very good for such a quality cream, i'll try their other scents eventually too, everyone should give it a try, it's such good cream for a reasonable price👍🏼

Top Bottom