What's new

Gentleman's Choice

I was in Southington, CT for a haircut today and happened to spot The Gentleman's Best across the street and couldn't help but take a peek inside. I have been wetshaving for a little over 2 years, but have spent the last year and a half or so using a fairly spartan setup of a merkur classic, c&e BBB, derbys and proraso. I just got an order in yesterday from bullgoose (whose service was excellent btw), but picked up a shave stick and some blades. Ray was incredibly helpful and didnt seem to mind that i wasnt dropping a hell of a lot of coin. I look forward to doing business with him in the future. There is definitely something to be said for a brick and mortar with an actual human being as opposed to shopping online. Its good to be back.

-Rik

Last edited:
Rik, you just met the famous "Thirdeye" moderator extraordinaire. He is a fine gentleman. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
You guys aren't just whistling Dixie either. I finally got over there yesterday afternoon to grab a few bottles of aftershave.

I was familiar with the website, but it was a pleasant surprise to see that he's holding out. There were a bunch more of...well everything than showed on his site. Tons of eye candy in his custom work and newer items not shown.

Besides the store, I have to give it up for a great guy. I got there at about 1600 and left at 1730, and the time flew by! He took the time to show me around, and just BS about shaving in general. I even got some sage honing advice with the assistance of his microscope and arsenal of hones.

I must apologize to some internet vendors in advance. I'll probably be buying a lot locally from Ray instead of online. This is exactly the type of place that I want to spend my shaving dollars.

All in all, I cannot possibly recommend this place enough. What a great experience! Anyone who's even remotely thinking of stopping in, or even buying from his site...stop thinking and DO IT!

I,m on my way to Baltimore, sometimes in my NE travels I will stop by Ray's lair and stock on some of his chilled soap.

Top Bottom