What's new

Gentleman! SEptember is already upon us!

This morning's shave:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411225371.198855.jpg

And that's Valobra soft soap in the ricotta cheese container. Hey, they're both Italian, right?

Yesterday and today

PAL Adjustable injector, Eversharp (1 and 2), Speick stick, Shavemac Finest

Eversharp seemed sharp yesterday, not living up to its name today.

SOTD 20 SEptember 2014

Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean
Cream: Pre de Provence
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Razor: Mongoose SB + Dub Legend
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Fragrance: Creed Aventus

$SOTD 20140920b.jpg

SOTD 21 SEptember 2014
Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean
Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Kent BK4
Blade: Feather AC Pro (8)
Fragrance: Creed Royal Water Millesime

$SOTD 20140921.jpg

Mongoose SOTD 22 September 2014

Pre: Proraso Pre/Post Green
Soap: Stirling Glacier Wintergreen
Brush: SOC Boar Ash
Blade: Feather AC Pro (9)
Fragrance: Blue de Chanel

$SOTD 20140922.jpg

Another round with my OCMM. PAL Super carbon steel blade (8?), VDH Deluxe Unscented, Opal handle with TGN Super Silvertip. CLose and smooth!

Using the ER 1914 for the last couple days. Even with a rushed one pass shave with Clinique "shave cream" it worked for a one pass SAS.

I was super fortunate to land an NOS Personna Floating Head a local antique shop for $10. I already own another Floating Head but it was great being the first to use a mint unused version (it still had the black blank blade installed).

Today was the Personna Floating Head with a Chick blade VDH Deluxe soap and my Semogue 1305 piggy.

$2pt89ky.jpg

Lovely razor, Joe, and with some P74 blades. Congratulations on your find. Did you shave with a P74 blade?

Hello Steve! No I didn't shave with the 74 blades. I am planning on keeping them for collection only. In reality I should use them, I just don't think that they would be easy to find.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Hello Steve! No I didn't shave with the 74 blades. I am planning on keeping them for collection only. In reality I should use them, I just don't think that they would be easy to find.
Joe; There's a seller of 74s on Amazon. I don't know where he got them because they're no longer made.

^ Whoa! I have to get one of these! Like half a Durham Duplex ... a Simplex? Does it take the long (spined) Personna blades?

Yes, it takes hair shaper blades (Personna or Fromm), same as the Weck Sextoblade. It take a bit to get used to because it is so wide. But I love it. I had the best shave today that I've had all month!

Today was the Weck. Best SE in my arsenal. Even better than the cobra!

View attachment 499868
That's a sweet Weck Prep razor, Vez! I saw one of those just the other day on that popular auction site. I was tempted to bid but I'm working on some straight razor related goals at the moment.

Sunday shave: GEM Damaskeene, Treet carbon steel blade (1), VDH Luxury Unscented, Omega Pro 49. Nice close easy shave!

Today was the Schick I2 with Williams a Treet blade and my cheap VDH boar brush. The Schick I2 and Golden 500 shave similarly to me and they are both phenomenal shavers.

$3309ro9.jpg

Menthol Monday
SEptember 29, 2014​​

Cooling Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash
Schick Injector L-1
Schick Blade
Whipped Dog Boar
Proraso Green
Alum Block
Menthol Witch Hazel
Proraso Aftershave Lotion

View attachment 501521:thumbup1: