What's new

Gentleman! SEptember is already upon us!

Menthol Monday SOTD 9 SEptember 2014
Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean
Cream: COB + Stirling Glacier Spearmint (super lather)
Brush: SOC Boar Ash
Razor: Mongoose SB + Dub Legend
Blade: Kai Captain Mild
Fragrance: Creed Silver Mountain Water

Brought tears to my eyes but is strangely enjoyable. The Mongoose continues to impress.

$SOTD 20140909.jpg

SOTD 9 SEptember 2014

Cream: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: L'Occitane/Plisson Synthetic
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (4)
Fragrance: Creed Vetiver

$SOTD 20140909b.jpg

SOTD 10 SEptember 2014

Pre: AoS Sandalwood
Cream: AoS Sandalwood
Brush: AoS Fine Badger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (5)
Fragrance: Creed Santal

$SOTD 20140910.jpg

Yesterday was my ER 1912, today was my Radio 1912. Big difference between these two razors. I need to look a the guard orientation of them to compare, but the radio was not near as close a shave. I barely felt blade contact.

One thing I've noticed with the 1912 variants is the blade stops. If you look at them from the side, it seems like some of them are open wide and let the blade sit closer to the edge of the guard. Others are more "closed" and keep the blade sitting back away from the edge of the guard. That's my theory anyway.

Shave 5 with the Gem 1912 for SEptember and my first great shave with it BBS in all but my 1 trouble spot on neck i chose to skip. VDH deluxe soap and the brush it came with and a little Agua Velva ice to top it off.

SOTD 11 SEptember 2014

Cream: TBS Maca Root
Brush: SOC Boar Cherry
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (6)
Fragrance: Creed Royal Oud

$SOTD 20140911.jpg

SOTD 12 SEptember 2014
Cream: Stirling Lemongrass & Cajeput
Brush: SOC Boar Cherry
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (7)
Fragrance: Creed Royal Water Millesime

Not my favorite Clubman or Creed but a fantastic shave, none-the-less.

$SOTD 20140912.jpg

Here's a pic of the cast of characters in play for me in SEptember:

$SEptember1.jpg

Today's shave:
GEM Junior Bar, PAL Super carbon steel (2), Rubberset 507 w/ Omega knot, Williams Mug Soap

The PALs are quite sharp! The shave was almost too close.

So far this month I have been using my GEM Featherweight but this week has been a new to me Schick Injector E-2 with Schick (Chick) blades. This is my first injector and I have to say that I'm liking it a lot.

Today's shave:
Damaskeene, PAL Super carbon steel (6), Williams Mug Soap, Semogue 830.

PAL is still going strong. Very nice shave.

Very nice. I've used a couple Shake Sharps from a pass, but don't have one myself. Would love to find one though.

I was skeptical about the Shake Sharp even though I had read good reviews for it. When I used the Shake Sharp I was blown away by how good it is. It does have a significant blade gap leading some to believe that it's aggressive but it's not. The Shake Sharp (in my opinion) shaves like an injector and you have to maintain an SE angle when using it.

Today was my oddball SE razor the adjustable Superman paired with a Treet blade. This is razor seems to be described as very aggressive but I don't think it is. The Superman shaves more like a 1912, it is an adjustable (which is not common in the SE blade universe). Even with the blade gap fully opened I didn't find it to be aggressive. Either I am used to very aggressive razors or I have very thick skin!

$28lkn.jpg

Well, I have a really hard staying true to these types of things. I decide what I want to use each day, and have difficulty staying loyal to one product, brand, or type of hardware for any length of time. As such, I have strayed and used DE for the last few days (Stahly today). But I have my Cobra poised to strike for tomorrows shave!

Top Bottom