What's new

Gentelmens Best B&B wood bowl?

Does anyone know if those Gentelmens Best wood bowls that you put your initials in have a flat or concave bottom? Will they fit a AOS puck without milling? I've been looking for a AOS bowl on WTB with no luck. Does anyone know of any wood bowl that a AOS puck will fit perfect it other than a AOS bowl? Thanks, Matt

I don't think the GB bowl will take an AOS puck. I will definitely know in a couple of days as I have an AOS puck on the way. I can then check it next to the bowl. I have found that many standard-sized bowls really only work with Harris soaps, some of the smaller custom soaps like SCS and TGQ, and soaps that can be easily molded into them. I am currently using mine to hold P.160.

I do have a bowl in mind for my AOS, which is this one. I have the Sante Fe bowl already, and I feel like the AOS soap will work in it.

I have several pucks -- Trumper, D.R. Harris, L'Occitane, AOS, Vintageblades, etc. I will check each and update this post in a couple of days on which ones will work.

If I've not updated this thread within a couple of days, someone shoot me a PM reminder.

The GB bowl is flat on the bottom and an AoS puck will fit if you trim down the edges just a bit. I used an exacto to go around the edges of the puck and threw the scraps in the bottom of the bowl.

I have a GB bowl and the traditional English pucks fit better if you put them in upside down. You wear down the small part of the soap faster making the lid fit properly quicker.

Top Bottom