What's new

Genix SP & SR Primers - taking preorders

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
North Fork Tactical, of Micah & Lucas Boy fame ;-) is taking preoders for Genix SP & SR primers at pricing far better than Gun Joker ... only caveat is, you probably wouldn’t want to store the Bosnian Genix primers too close to your Serbian Prvi Partizan ammunition.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
For the times right now, this is not a bad price....Just do not know how these primers are and when they will arrive. On another forum, for reloading, they talking about end of this year for them to get here.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Scroll down to the 6th post on page-1 of the following link ... as with everything else posted on the internet & concerning the U Ginex primers, I’ve heard reviews that range from, I blew up an entire city block ;-) to, Never have had any issues with them.
FWIW & unrelated to the Bosnian primers, I have had sporadic issues with seating S&B SP primers.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I'm going to research this with a fine-tooth comb. This vendor is supposedly located in a commercial/industrial park but the business cannot be seen on from the street using Google Maps.

Put out a call for WA ARFCOM members to chime re: if this place is legit

I’ve actually put 5k of each of these primers in my cart and removed them twice because of these same concerns. Also, the they list “rifle primers” with no pics. I’m not sure if I’m getting SRP or LRP. If you hear anything on ARFCOM please let us know.

I did hear from one of my fellow local shooters that said he has used Ginex primers before and experienced 3 failures out of 150 used...that he will only use them for range ammo.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I’ve heard the same about the FTF’s. Some blame it in hard cups/light strikes but others have claimed that even after 3 re-strikes still no boom. I have no issue with failures in range ammo, let’s me practice my FTF drills without having to insert random snap caps into magazines. I have enough CCI primers for my defensive ammo. My main concern is the legitimacy of the actual business.

I haven't heard anything further since the last post to this thread which was seven months ago.

A vendor was selling Ginex primers at a gun show in Greenville SC this past weekend. 5 sleeves (trays of 100ea) held together with a rubber band. $90. :rolleyes1

Other vendors had CCI SPP for $100/1k and Federal SPP for $110/1K. Some other clown had a 1K box of small magnum pistol primers priced at $220.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I never followed up either. I’m getting frequent notifications now that primers are in stock at various online retailers. I’ve seen more federal than anything but have picked up some CCI as well. I think I paid around $70 for the Federal and a little less for the CCI. You still have to be quick but a few of the online places are doing 1 per day limit so at least they’re lasting a little longer.

Ginex primers are out there but unfortnately vendors are selling them for the same price as Winchester/CCI. A vendor here is selling them for $500.00 a case of 5K and you have to buy a case. F that.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Yep, I’ve seen the same thing. From what I’ve read on other forums a lot of people didn’t get the primers that were preordered.

The big three online reloading stores regularly have primers in stock now. Reloaders should know at this point to buy 10K quality brand name primers of each size needed during the good years to weather the 4 bad years that cycle through. Same with powder, buy 16 pounds and never worry. If you shoot more just increase your stock on hand.

I've seen more than one mention in other forums that Ginex primers are OEM in PPU ammunition; can anyone confirm that? Found 5k for $469 and free shipping and will take the risk if the PPU reference is legit; all the PPU ammo I've used has performed well.

Top Bottom