What's new

Generosity of a Friend. Amazing.

Had a very good friend of mine surprised me yesterday. We've known each other for close to a decade and in that time I've had the privilege of watching his kids grow up and contributed where I could as he's a single dad. For a stint he would work nights and I'd amble over to his house and have dinner for the kids or pick them up from school. Little things people DO.
So as a single dad at the beginning of this month he was able to buy a house! He had saved that much in ten short years. Nothing fancy but a paint job here, a little landscaping there, and were well on our way to making this house a home for him and his kids. So yesterday he asked to borrow my van which I didn't mind but I did tell him the tires are a bit worn so be careful. Heck, his kids and him have the keys to my house:) as they had often stayed over as young pups. Anyway he takes it to buy stuff at home depot and returns it late that night. I go out to the garage this morning to smell rubber. Yes, fresh rubber hit my nose. My friend had bought me four new tires for my 2006 Toyota Sienna! Folks, to say that I was shocked is an understatement. I'm usually not at a loss for words but I was tongue tied. You don't give this guy a bear hug, or give thanks endlessly for something he's done. This is someone who YOU would go out of the way to help as he is that nice of a guy. A mechanic/ electrician just pretty much all around nice guy who has NEVER asked for money for his services. Just wanted to share with you that there are REALLY decent people in this world. So it is with B&B that I too have meet some wonderful people and am fortunate to be part of this community. Thanks for the read.

Last edited:
A good story! Nice of you too help each other in ways you both can contribute. In my opinion it is important not to keep track of expenses between friends. Like who did what the last time, how much did it cost etc. That will even out eventually. The most important thing is peace of mind and having a good friend nearby who will stick up for you and support you in bad times.

I love it. Imagine if everyone did a surprise good deed for their best friend? A lot of times people don't know how much they are loved by those around them, because people don't generally vocalize that kind of thing. This is a great story!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The word "friend" is thrown around much too casually these days- but you have one. He sounds a lot like my one true friend.

Last edited:
It got my week off to a great start reading that, thanks! May we all find a way to express our gratitude in ways large and small as each is able. It might be a simple expression of encouragement or it might be an unexpected gift like the OP got. Terrific stuff!

You reap what you sow! This site definitely is restoring my faith in mankind. Between the pifs and nice stories like this it is nice to know there are still good people out there!!!

Top Bottom