What's new

Generally, how are La Quinta hotels?

This is why I like Marriott hotels. They have always been consistent; clean, friendly staff, and usually a couple of decent restaurants nearby.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I love Marriott Hotels too. However, the last ones I stayed at (Fairfield Suites in Tucumcari and Alberquerque, NM were disappointing.

I love Marriott Hotels too. However, the last ones I stayed at (Fairfield Suites in Tucumcari and Alberquerque, NM were disappointing.
Wow, that is surprising. Hope that continues to be the exception and doesn't become a trend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Crown Plaza here in Albuquerque looks like it hasn't be inhabited for 20 years. It's a multi-story ghost building. They were talking about using it for the homeless but I think that fell through too

You ought to have stayed at one of those renovated Route 66 motels. Like the Blue Swallow?

La Quinta translated to English means “next to Denny’s”
In my neighborhood, "next to Culver's."

And the "lady" in Texlaw's post (#13) was seen in the lot of my local La Quinta when the wife and I were going in to the Culver's. More fishnet stockings and legs up to her earlobes, but her dress and "occupation" were clear. When the wife asked why anyone would dress like that, I shot her that "really?" look. Her naivety was almost matched by mine. If you're not involved in the "vice" side of life, you don't realize how pervasive it really is.

You ought to have stayed at one of those renovated Route 66 motels. Like the Blue Swallow?

I have stayed at the Blue Swallow in Tucumcari. For those who have never seen this motel, it is a through back to the 1940-50s. Vintage furniture, neon signs, and even rotary telephones! It does have WiFi and a TV, however. My only complaint was no King Size beds and the front office closes down at 9:00 p.m. so if you arrive later than that you are out of luck.

We usually stay at middle of the line types, and La Quinta are often the best value. We have found that they usually have the best price for airport parking/stay combo. The only downside is that most don’t have a fridge or microwave. I think the newer ones are an exception.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Juanmosey:
The Mrs. and I usually stay @ Holiday Inn Express (and sometimes at Marriot Hotel properties), because of our allergies...we like staying at properties that don't allow pets (except Service Animals by law). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"The great advantage of a hotel is that it is a refuge from [everyday] life". George Barnard Shaw

I have stayed at the Blue Swallow in Tucumcari. For those who have never seen this motel, it is a through back to the 1940-50s. Vintage furniture, neon signs, and even rotary telephones! It does have WiFi and a TV, however. My only complaint was no King Size beds and the front office closes down at 9:00 p.m. so if you arrive later than that you are out of luck.
I've heard about the Blue Swallow. John Frey's parents owned a motel there. FYI Frey set a cycling time trial record here in Moriarty back in 1990 and the record still stands today!

So I stayed at the Santa Fe La Quinta. Decent, clean and the pillows worked. Too bad the pool's about to undergo a major rebuild. Worst toilet paper in the world. They could win an award for it. :eek2:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Where are you going? Can probably find a better hotel for just a little bit more.

I’ve stayed at Hyatt in Nashville a few times and it was great. Marriott too (Opryland in Nashville), also great.

I’ve also stayed at a Wyndham owned Super 8 that was in a small town right off the highway and it was decent for sleeping the night.

Top Bottom