What's new

Generally, how are La Quinta hotels?

I've only stayed in one. It was clean and decent. Prices were better than my preferred hotel chain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have stayed at La Quinta, but not on a regular basis. The problem with asking any one about a hotel chain is that hotels often vary from location to location unless they are corporately owned or have rigid maintenance policies. Most hotel chains were hard hit by the pandemic since people stopped traveling. Both business travel and leisure travel plummeted. Thus, a hotel that may have been great before the pandemic might not be so great today. Some hotels that had sufficient financing may have taken the opportunity to remodel while occupancy was low.

They definitely vary but are generally reliable. When I was at the airline, La Quinta had the contract at a few cities. Alexandria, LA - satisfactory. Greensboro, NC - very good. Roswell, NM - excellent!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Very hit and miss. Some are quite wonderful (Holiday Inn Express or better). However, I've stayed in some that even the cockroaches avoid. Fortunately, these days, many more are much, much better than worse.

Keep in mind that most all are independently owned and operated. Just do a little research with reviews.

The one in my neighborhood is a hotbed of police activity. As others have noted, this may vary from place to place. A LOT of transients and out of state contract workers stay there, with an increase in prostitution and drugs during the nighttime hours. Mentioned almost weekly in the police reports published in my local newspaper.

The one in my neighborhood is a hotbed of police activity. As others have noted, this may vary from place to place. A LOT of transients and out of state contract workers stay there, with an increase in prostitution and drugs during the nighttime hours. Mentioned almost weekly in the police reports published in my local newspaper.
Sounds like a typical Albuquerque hotel.

I last stayed in a La Quinta hotel over ten years ago. It was fine. I really didn't have any problems. Then again, all I look for in a hotel is a clean room; clean sheets/bed; non-stinky; working room-controlled air conditioner and heater; clean bathroom; running water, which includes both hot and cold water (and good shower head pressure); quiet; safe; secure; dry; and (especially) bug free. Oh wait! Also, free high speed internet is a must.

I bring my own toiletries. I don't use room service (if there's a restaurant--or even a continental breakfast spread--it's appreciated but not a requirement). I don't need turn down service. Nor do I need concierge service. The same applies to a gym or workout area. I'm a simple traveler.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve not stayed at that chain but always see it on searches. It’s clearly budget. I will take this opportunity to add that the world’s worst hotel has got to be motel 6.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yeah, sometimes it's just too bad. I really think you can get the vibe off a motel just by driving through the parking lot. If it feels off, it probably is.

This is a bad sign, especially in Albuquerque.

tumblr_n2yqh4FhUw1totw26o1_1280_251842628912521.jpg

It depends upon the age and whether it is a La Quinta Inn or La Quinta Inn and Suites. Many of the Suites are excellent. To show you the variance the La Quinta Inn and Suites in downtown San Antonio (the Riverwalk) is excellent. There was one by Casear Blvd a few blocks away that was horrible. However, the latter one was remodeled and looks better now.

Since Wyndham took over this hotel chain, many have been upgraded and remodeled. For example, the one in Fort Stockton TX was a dump. It has been totally remodeled and looks great.

We always booked the King Suite and it was great value. The last one I stayed at was at Tucson Airport and it had a separate, closed living room which enabled me to work in the a.m. while my wife was resting.

We used to use one as it was close to an office we had in CA.

I would say they are similar to a Holiday Inn Express. The suites may be different but they didn’t generally have a restaurant and you could get a fairly basic breakfast.

My memory was that it was clean and no frills.

The worst has to be the Crowne Plaza in the US.... in Europe, Asia and ANZ they are good mid-range hotels but in America it seems to be anything which has too many amenities to be a Holiday Inn but too run down to be an Intercontinental becomes a CP. Talk about faded glory.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I try to avoid La Quinta. They are incredibly inconsistent, and I can’t deal with that when I travel. Stayed in a few bad ones, and took them off the list.

We used to use one as it was close to an office we had in CA.

I would say they are similar to a Holiday Inn Express. The suites may be different but they didn’t generally have a restaurant and you could get a fairly basic breakfast.

My memory was that it was clean and no frills.

The worst has to be the Crowne Plaza in the US.... in Europe, Asia and ANZ they are good mid-range hotels but in America it seems to be anything which has too many amenities to be a Holiday Inn but too run down to be an Intercontinental becomes a CP. Talk about faded glory.

We have a Crowne Plaza hotel about 7 miles from us. If we have friends staying in the area, I always recommend the Country Inn and Suites. I would not recommend Crowne Plaza.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

That's very well put. I hadn't thought about Crowne Plaza that way, but I do believe your are correct.

I try to avoid La Quinta. They are incredibly inconsistent, and I can’t deal with that when I travel. Stayed in a few bad ones, and took them off the list.
This is why I like Marriott hotels. They have always been consistent; clean, friendly staff, and usually a couple of decent restaurants nearby.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom