What's new

Generalized Shaving Acquisition Disorder

I have been reading through some of the threads on shaving soap and razor blade acquisition disorder. I was able to give myself a pat on the back that I didn't have possession of 20 + soaps or 5,000 blades. However, upon reflection of my DE shaving hobby, which started on 10/18/13 with an Amazon order of a EJ DE89Lbl razor, EJ badger brush and T&H 1805 cream, I am not sure that I am immune to AD. Acquisitions in slightly over a year:

Razors: EJ DE89 x 2 (gifted to sons), Muhle R41, Maggard M8 (from BST, didn't care for it, gifted to son), 61 Fatboy, 63 Slim

Brushes: EJ pure badger(shed, separated from handle, didn't study brushes enough b/4 purchase), Virginia Sheng badger, Semogue 830, Plisson L'Occitane

Creams: T&H 1805 (finished), TOBS Mr. Taylor (finished), Nancy Boy Signature

Soaps: Napa Valley (burned face, gave away, but got me into soaps), Shannon's Soaps Woodlands, Bay Spice and Silk Pajamas (traded the SP for one of the DE89's)

Blades: 5 Derby (came with 1st razor, dumped them on son), 130 Feathers, 10 Bic, 86 7 O'Clock Black, 5 Astra SP, 100 Polsilver SI (in shipment from Bulgaria)

Aftershave: GFT Rose Skin Food (son took it off to college), Nivea Extra Sensitive, Nancy Boy Signature sample (it is very good), Homemade balm (had to purchase shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, variety of essential oils), witch hazel, alum bar, styptic pencil

Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver, L'eau de Issey, DRH Arlington, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Caron Third Man, several samples from The Perfumed Court

Upon further reflection, these are probably just fundamentals and there is nothing in the list above that I could not live without (except the Bics and Derbys) :w00t:. BTW, most of these purchases came after reading/studying reviews and threads on B&B which have enabled me to make blind buys that have been extremely satisfactory with very few exceptions. I have obtained some long lasting high quality gear at reasonable cost, and the process of discovering it has been a pleasure. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to put their thoughts/experiences into this forum.

Top Bottom