What's new

General face wash

Hey guys. Looking for a general face wash. Not for shaving just something to use in the shower. Maybe a nice wood scent or something. Also if anyone recommends and good body washes.
Thanks

I have used Nivea face wash which has a nice scent to it but now I just use the bath soap to wash my face before I shave while I am showering.

I've been using the Baxter of California daily face wash with very nice results. Doesn't have a woodsy scent, though. It doesn't have much of a scent at all, really. If anything it reminds me of a *very* mild version of the Clearasil I used as a teenager way back in the dark ages. Anyway, scent aside, it's a good daily face cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin at all.

Somebody on here recommended Trader Joes face wash. I managed to pick a couple up the last time I was in the US. Tea tree based, so could be an acquired taste scent wise. But I will certainly buy it again when I can, great value product.

Here are some of the many I've used that I like:

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser (no scent)

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (very light scent)

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (smells like @#$%, but it's a good cleanser)

It also depends on your skin type, whether you're oily, combination, or dry.

Alright I'll keep an eye out maybe just look for smaller bottles of different types to test em all out

I just use the same soap I wash the rest of me with to wash my face. It is a good, hand-made soap, so it does not dry my face like a lot of the "detergent" bars will.

co bigelow lemon soap free cream wash. if you like lemon at all this is not a synthetic type lemon but a nice fresh scent. i also like the bigelow white body wash works great on my face.

I love the Lab Series Power Wash. Not cheap at around $22, but lasts for about 4-5 months. I use it only on my face and really leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth. Much better than that dry soapy feeling I'd get with traditional cleansers.

I'm a Kiehl's guy. I use the Ultra Oil free face wash. It is unscented though and I have oily skin. I really do like their products though!

I'm a Kiehl's guy. I use the Ultra Oil free face wash. It is unscented though and I have oily skin. I really do like their products though!

Yeah, I like Kieh's to. Been using their Facial Fuel for awhile now. Really great face wash with vitamins and a bit of caffeine. Just wakes up the face in the morning. Has a slight minty smell that goes away after a while.

I'd also recommend Lab Series for Men Mult-Action Face Wash as well. No smell, but does a really great job to.

$imagesCARAGANS.jpg$lab series.png

Last edited:
Somebody on here recommended Trader Joes face wash. I managed to pick a couple up the last time I was in the US. Tea tree based, so could be an acquired taste scent wise. But I will certainly buy it again when I can, great value product.

My 'day to day' wash is body shop tea tree, I try to buy it in bulk when they have their sales.

I use Aveeno Men's Naturals face scrub. It says it unscented but it has a very light minty scent, and has a little cooling effect as well. It is a great every day wash, and it says on it that its good for pre shave wash also.

I'm alternating between Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash, Recipe For Men Facial Cleanser, and Task Essential Face Wash. All recommended by me. I have combo skin.

Neutrogena daily face wash. I've been using it for years. Little to no detectable scent and it works great with my combination skin.
The only other one that I've used (which admittedly isn't lot) is the Shiseido Ultra Black wash. It's a Japanese face wash with activated charcoal which isn't readily available here. I used to get it from a company that specialized in Japanese imports but you can find it on Amazon now. It's really the only face wash that left me feeling amazed at the difference I felt after using it. It's just a touch on the expensive side but I still buy it now and again because using it really is a treat.
http://www.amazon.com/Shiseido-Ultr...GK/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_y/177-8442468-7334119

Been using Ursa Major for about a month or so now. I really like it. It smells good and keeps me from breaking out (I have mild acne.) I picked up some Kiehls Facial Fuel Scrub a couple days ago to use before my shaves to exfoliate. I usually shower a couple times a day. I will be using the kiehls during my morning shower before I shave and the Ursa Major in the evening after my workout.

I've been using the Baxter of California daily face wash with very nice results. Doesn't have a woodsy scent, though. It doesn't have much of a scent at all, really. If anything it reminds me of a *very* mild version of the Clearasil I used as a teenager way back in the dark ages. Anyway, scent aside, it's a good daily face cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin at all.

+1 on this - also pretty inexpensive (in the UK at least)

There was a thread on this forum a while ago about Naive face wash. I picked up a tube and like it quite a lot. Got it through Amazon. Don't need to use much, and it's very gentle. Just another possibility. I don't think they make any particularly "woody" scents, though.

As noted above, the Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash is very good, the best I've used when it comes to not leaving any residue-feel after rinsing. Expensive.

Top Bottom