What's new

GEM PIF

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Very generous! Someone who will reach for this more often than I should win it! Respectfully not in.

Thanks once again @Marhos24! I received the package yesterday, and almost took it for an afternoon spin. I decided hold off until after dropping the kids off at school this morning though. That said, after opening the box yesterday I couldn't help admiring the GEM and taking some sniffs of the soap's scent.

The soap - I found the scent pleasant, and the slickness adequately slick. I did have some dissipation by the time I got to my second pass, but think that is likely just due to my needing to learn the soap a bit better. The scent lasts a bit longer than other soaps and creams I've used (though I've not used too many varieties) post shave, which I can appreciate and like.

The GEM - loaded a blade, checked the gap (last night), and this morning lathered up for my shave. I did my usual two pass shave, and the end result was I do believe slightly closer than I typically get with a vintage DE (I don't have any modern razors in my rotation). I do think I'll need to get more familiar with it, as while the shave was closer, I feel slightly more skin irritation than usual as well, which certainly could've been a combination of new soap and razor learning curve.

My takeaway from shave one, I think she's a keeper! As long as I can find blades at a reasonable price, and easy enough, I look forward to using it often. I can't say it enough, but thank you again for your generosity.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks once again @Marhos24! I received the package yesterday, and almost took it for an afternoon spin. I decided hold off until after dropping the kids off at school this morning though. That said, after opening the box yesterday I couldn't help admiring the GEM and taking some sniffs of the soap's scent.

The soap - I found the scent pleasant, and the slickness adequately slick. I did have some dissipation by the time I got to my second pass, but think that is likely just due to my needing to learn the soap a bit better. The scent lasts a bit longer than other soaps and creams I've used (though I've not used too many varieties) post shave, which I can appreciate and like.

The GEM - loaded a blade, checked the gap (last night), and this morning lathered up for my shave. I did my usual two pass shave, and the end result was I do believe slightly closer than I typically get with a vintage DE (I don't have any modern razors in my rotation). I do think I'll need to get more familiar with it, as while the shave was closer, I feel slightly more skin irritation than usual as well, which certainly could've been a combination of new soap and razor learning curve.

My takeaway from shave one, I think she's a keeper! As long as I can find blades at a reasonable price, and easy enough, I look forward to using it often. I can't say it enough, but thank you again for your generosity.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Glad to hear the first shave went well! If you read through some threads here, you'll probably find best how to use the razor. GEMs typically require a different angle of attack opposed to DE, and you'll find a lot of users cork/hand strop the blades prior to use. Im sure it'll only get better from here!

Top Bottom