What's new

GEM Micromatic Disassembly/Reassembly?

Does anyone have any information on how to fully disassemble and then reassemble one of these razors? Any information provided is greatly appreciated.

I have one that comes apart. There's a c clip inside that stops the knob from coming out, a previous owner must have unscrewed it with force. It works fine assemble, but the c clip doesn't stop it from coming out if you continue to unscrew it.

The stem pushes up on something when tightened closing the door.

I don't think it's a good idea to take apart. Removing the knob by force, by continuing to unscrew it shouldn't be hard. It will probably come off more easily after that. As far as removing the cap and closing mechanism spring thingy, you may have a hard time with that.

The handle looks like its pressed in at the top.

IMAG1062.jpg
IMAG1061.jpg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This fellow took his apart and it's interesting the inside. His was retained differently on this model he owned by a top clip than @rabidus model . There could be ways of being gentler on dissembling but he did his way and he gives a glimpse of what its like inside. BRAVO!
GEM MicroMatic OC disassembly
Have some great shaves!

This fellow took his apart and it's interesting the inside. His was retained differently on this model he owned by a top clip than @rabidus model . There could be ways of being gentler on dissembling but he did his way and he gives a glimpse of what its like inside. BRAVO!
GEM MicroMatic OC disassembly
Have some great shaves!

Didn't think about there being more than one way they made it on the inside. The knob I posted looks like its two pieces, maybe it's the later one.

Would it be a good idea to force it to expand the little clip in the inside so that the TTO knob comes off?. I want to clean mine from it’s previous owner and the idea of 80 years old soap scum is off putting LOL

Would it be a good idea to force it to expand the little clip in the inside so that the TTO knob comes off?. I want to clean mine from it’s previous owner and the idea of 80 years old soap scum is off putting LOL

The handle is threaded, looks like the previous owner of mine just twisted off the handle with force, now it comes off easily. If you stop turning once the top opens, the clip doesn't matter.

Top Bottom