What's new

Gem Junior Bar

Just in. These over time had gotten so expensive online that I just decided to wait till I came across one locally being in NY. Funny thing was I acquired a lot of scarcer lather catchers but never saw one of these. Idk why but I did a search for these on the bay last week and saw this going dirt cheap. I put a modest bid and it actually held. Handle has all its lacquer, springs are strong as can be, nubs are great, plating is almost 100%. Ppl paid more for worse examples recently. Ebay is weird.
20180215_160301.jpg
20180215_160319.jpg
20180215_160337.jpg
20180215_160352.jpg
20180215_160410.jpg

Nice score. The GEM Junior Bar is by far my favorite lather catcher, in fact, it's the only lather catcher I like. It's smooth and a bit mild, while all the others are borderline harsh to me.

Nice score. The GEM Junior Bar is by far my favorite lather catcher, in fact, it's the only lather catcher I like. It's smooth and a bit mild, while all the others are borderline harsh to me.

Probably because this was always meant for the se blade and the bar is basically functioning as a cap/dictating how steep your angle can be. The everready lc was meant for the se blade but is more aggressive than this. The wedge ones are super smooth when you hone and use the intended blade. The star lc for instance is highly strung with a se blade but very stable with the wedge.

Top Bottom