What's new

GEM Blades going cheap

(as opposed to Feather blades going Cheep)

As I bounced out of the yearly sabbatical I realized I could restock my GEM PTFE SS blades. It's been about 4 years and I am finally down to my last 10 or so.

Connaught has always been touted as being cheaper than buying from Pella. Then I figured that with GBP to USD being what it is and as a nice surprise, we foreign types don't pay VAT...

Cheap is...a smidge over 18 bucks for 100.
Shipped to the USA. Beat that :)

I suppose if you are an Injector user that Chicks could go Cheep. But seriously folks, that is a good price. I'll have to look into that.

My last Ted Pella order was for 400 blades for $69.90. Shipping was $7.23, and I received them in a couple of days, rather than a couple of weeks.

--Bob

Since 100 blades lasted me over 4 years (and I gave 20 away) I figured 100 was enough. 400 might outlast me!

Since 100 blades lasted me over 4 years (and I gave 20 away) I figured 100 was enough. 400 might outlast me!

The 400 blades was in addition to the 300 or so that I already had.

This was in response to a rumor I had heard that these blades were about to be discontinued (it turned out not to be true).

Perhaps I over-reacted. :blushing:

--Bob

$IMG_2034.jpg
I think I went a bit over board too considering I can easily use each gem se ptfe bade for well over a month? But better on the safe side than to be sorry. :001_rolle:thumbup:

I think I went a bit over board too considering I can easily use each gem se ptfe bade for well over a month? But better on the safe side than to be sorry. :001_rolle:thumbup:

Well, at least you can be secure in the knowledge that your grandchildren will have plenty of blades to shave with. :biggrin1:

I noticed that the price for the PTFE from Connaught is $31 for 200 pack, currently testing the PTFE and so far 4 in, I did follow instructions by reading on the forums about breaking in the blade first with milder shavers, so my first 3 shaves went with the Bullettip and Clogproof and I thought to my self its time to use my favorite razor which is the MMOC, well that was a mistake even though 4th shave with the PTFE and that thing is so sharp and yet smooth and can get you in trouble even if you use no pressure. Got 2 nicks but I noticed slightly stronger burn to my face after I apply the cologne vs the usual burn I get. This is in no way negative thing to me, it means it will be a long lasting,sharp and smooth blade that's worth the purchase, just have to take it easy with it the first 5-10 shaves.

Top Bottom