What's new

Gelousy SHD Brushes | AP Shave Company Gel Brush | Growing On Me

I just took delivery of the rather beautiful 26mm AP Shave Co SHD Gelousy brush. I initially just broke it in by doing a dummy lather and thorough rinse before using but was dismayed that the brush, while still 'holding' (Tabac) lather wouldn't release it for my second pass. I had to squeeze it out of the brush and apply with my hands! I have now given it a dish soap and baby shampoo clean so I'm hoping things improve. I found your thread looking for anyone with similar experience!

PXL_20200923_092151240.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just took delivery of the rather beautiful 26mm AP Shave Co SHD Gelousy brush. I initially just broke it in by doing a dummy lather and thorough rinse before using but was dismayed that the brush, while still 'holding' (Tabac) lather wouldn't release it for my second pass. I had to squeeze it out of the brush and apply with my hands! I have now given it a dish soap and baby shampoo clean so I'm hoping things improve. I found your thread looking for anyone with similar experience!

View attachment 1158811

I've had intermittent problem with the knot. I like it a good bit less than I did for a while. I hope your problems resolve. If your knot is like mine, the problems may resolve and then resurface.

Nice handle.

The solution to any lather hog brush is to load more. The gel tips do you make that a little more complicated, but as long as you spend enough time loading you can solve the problem.

Just use it as your Cella or Williams brush and not as your MdC brush.

Top Bottom